Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Henry....

Henry was weighed at the vet today. It's official....there is twice as much Henry now as there was when we first got him less than two years ago!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif From this (this is the picture that I saw on the internet that made me want him):

To this: (last to get up in the morning).

Twice as much beagle to love! :heart: :heart:

~Denise

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:Originally posted by Chloe's Mommy:
Oh Henry... you are a little on the chubby side aren't you? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif
It is much much better than you was at first, though :hi:
Let's just say that Henry and his mommy have the same New Years Resolution in mind! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

~Denise

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:Originally posted by Genie:
Wow, Mr. Henry, the good life sure agrees with you!! Denise, I can sure see why you had to have him when you saw his picture--who could resist such a poor, bedraggles, but lovely little beag!! :heart: Bless you for taking him in and giving him such a loving forever home. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
It's funny you say that, Genie. Somebody pointed out to me that typically when adopting from a shelter, people look for the bouncy, smiling happy dog. Granted, I saw Henry's pic on the internet, but after seeing pages and pages of Hurricane Dogs(they were coming in fast and furious at that time), this is the picture that got to me. And he was so scared that he probably would never had gotten adopted by somebody seeing him in person at the shelter. (Moot point...that shelter had NO adoption program).

~Denise

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by judymaggie:
:thumbup:

~Denise

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:Originally posted by Boeing's mom:
Tears welled up in my eyes when I saw the first picture.

Pat
That's pretty much how I felt when I saw his picture, Pat. Nobody is happier that we adopted Henry then we are!

~Denise

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the kind words, Everybody!

My heart still breaks when I look at that picture...and Henry is lying 6 ft. away from me on the sofa snoring at this very moment. (It's time for his mid-day nap).

I admire people who work at shelters or who walk into shelters and search the kennels for a dog to adopt. That takes strength. And if it weren't for those people, shelter animals wouldn't have a chance. I tried walking through a shelter once and couldn't make it through. I had to turn and walk out.

~Denise

ps...Matt, Henry was the last to get out of bed again this morning. So late, he missed his early morning nap. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Rhoda,

Henry is afraid of anything that is new or even appears threatening. On windy days when the trees and the branches blow and leaves swirl around, he is a nervous wreck. Like today.

It breaks my heart to think of him wandering around homeless as afraid as he is. He probably never slept...always keeping one eye open. He has an old nick in one of his ears and I often wonder how he got it and what he went through.

I am so glad he is here with us safe and loved.

~Denise

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
BookerMoose,

Your question/comment about how Popcorn seems more at ease in a wide open space than close to walls and cars made alot of sense.

Henry definetely sees more ghosts inside around unknown or suspicious looking corners. Outside he seems to loose all inhibitions. Although today and on windy days he stands outside and "aroos" at the woods and moving trees and leaves. Then he is afraid to come inside. I have to carry him through the door.

The one place Henry seems to look forward to going and completely relaxes is in bed. In fact, often he sits on the steps close to bedtime and waits for somebody to take him up and put him to bed. And he sleeps so soundly. Something he could not do for a long time probably.

Anyway...great observation on your part!

~Denise

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Quote:Originally posted by Caesar's Mom:
I see why you wanted him. After looking at the first picture I just want to scoop him up and snuggle him.
Brandy,

That's just how I felt! After waiting the two very long weeks for him to be vetted and transported up here to VA, I was so anxious to get him that I cried when they took him out of the truck and put him in my arms. He was so little and scared.

I didn't want to put him down!

~Denise

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.