Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Henry....

Henry was weighed at the vet today. It's official....there is twice as much Henry now as there was when we first got him less than two years ago!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif From this (this is the picture that I saw on the internet that made me want him):

To this: (last to get up in the morning).

Twice as much beagle to love! :heart: :heart:

~Denise

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Wow, Mr. Henry, the good life sure agrees with you!! Denise, I can sure see why you had to have him when you saw his picture--who could resist such a poor, bedraggles, but lovely little beag!! :heart: Bless you for taking him in and giving him such a loving forever home. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Oh Henry... you are a little on the chubby side aren't you? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif
It is much much better than you was at first, though :hi:

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:Originally posted by Chloe's Mommy:
Oh Henry... you are a little on the chubby side aren't you? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif
Let's just say that Henry and his mommy have the same New Years Resolution in mind! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

~Denise

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:Originally posted by Genie:
Wow, Mr. Henry, the good life sure agrees with you!! Denise, I can sure see why you had to have him when you saw his picture--who could resist such a poor, bedraggles, but lovely little beag!! :heart: Bless you for taking him in and giving him such a loving forever home. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
It's funny you say that, Genie. Somebody pointed out to me that typically when adopting from a shelter, people look for the bouncy, smiling happy dog. Granted, I saw Henry's pic on the internet, but after seeing pages and pages of Hurricane Dogs(they were coming in fast and furious at that time), this is the picture that got to me. And he was so scared that he probably would never had gotten adopted by somebody seeing him in person at the shelter. (Moot point...that shelter had NO adoption program).

~Denise

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by judymaggie:
:thumbup:

~Denise

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by judymaggie:
:heart: What a wonderful transformation! Love makes all the difference, doesn't it?
Can't say it any better than that!

You're such a lucky man, Henry. You hit the jackpot when you're mommy found you.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Gingergoose:
Quote:Originally posted by Chloe's Mommy:
Let's just say that Henry and his mommy have the same New Years Resolution in mind! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

~Denise
I don't know Denise, from the picture of you with the family, I think you look just great!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Oh yes, love has transformed Henry! The first picture is heartbreaking. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif I can see why he reached out to you, Denise.

The second picture is pure contentment. I'm sure Henry often says to himself, "I'm surely a lucky beagle." /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'm glad you were able to save him. He definitely deserves to live the good life.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Tears welled up in my eyes when I saw the first picture. Then my lips curved into a smile as soon as I saw the second one. I'm smiling teary-eyed now as I'm typing this, Denise. I'm glad you saved Henry.

Pat

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:Originally posted by Boeing's mom:
Tears welled up in my eyes when I saw the first picture.

Pat
That's pretty much how I felt when I saw his picture, Pat. Nobody is happier that we adopted Henry then we are!

~Denise

·
Registered
991 Posts
Denise - we have a little chocolate beagle who lives the next block over. He is a Katrina refugee. Every time I see him I have to stop and say hello. Those little guys are special in my book and deserve all the pampering they can get! Buckley has turned into beautiful, perfect (in my book) Beagle. I just love to see his happy little tail waving as he goes on his walks. An extra special belly rub for Henry from us. :heart:

We've been snowballed!

·
Registered
650 Posts
YOU GO HENRY!! GO AHEAD AND BE COMFY ON MOMMY'S BED!! He he.... you can always lose weight!!! LOL.. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
324 Posts
Denise,I am sure you have the admiration of everyone on this board for the love you have shown Henry ! If it had not been for your kindness I am sure poor little Henry would not exist. He looks will cared for now ! :wave: :thumbup:

G

·
0 Posts
My heart went out to him in the first picture and I could see why you picked him. But my goodness after seeing the next picture I knew he found the perfect home. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Henry you lucky dog hahaha

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
What a wonderful thing you have done!
Love does indeed make all the difference :heart: They deserve every ounce of passion and love we can give them!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by littledude:
Denise,I am sure you have the admiration of everyone on this board for the love you have shown Henry ! If it had not been for your kindness I am sure poor little Henry would not exist. He looks will cared for now ! :wave: :thumbup:
I couldn't have said it better myself. Congratulations...and thank you.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the kind words, Everybody!

My heart still breaks when I look at that picture...and Henry is lying 6 ft. away from me on the sofa snoring at this very moment. (It's time for his mid-day nap).

I admire people who work at shelters or who walk into shelters and search the kennels for a dog to adopt. That takes strength. And if it weren't for those people, shelter animals wouldn't have a chance. I tried walking through a shelter once and couldn't make it through. I had to turn and walk out.

~Denise

ps...Matt, Henry was the last to get out of bed again this morning. So late, he missed his early morning nap. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

1 - 20 of 27 Posts