Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i switched my 2 to raw a few days ago they seem to like it,I will continue to feed my fosters kibble though.Anyone else Raw feed?I am still kind of iffy about a few things but think i got it pretty much down packed.
We researched Raw feeding for about 4months before we finally felt ready to do it,I hope i am.Did you raw feeders notice a change in your dogs at all?And if you did what kind of changes?good or bad?
Any advice you have for me too would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Yep I noticed a big change in their overall condition and coat. Their coats are softer, shinier and cleaner looking - all from feeding raw

I do make my own BARF mix, so I don't buy it - I basically mix mince meat, grated vegies, offal, some tins of sardines and yoghurt to help with digestion. I alternate this with a variety of raw bones.

It is important to get the balance between meat and bone right as well as to feed a variety of meat, and offal too.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I feed raw.

I buy a premade frozen raw diet and supplement it with fish oil, ground kelp, canned sardines, chicken spines, and sometimes table scraps.

We noticed a difference in Ben's coat within a few weeks. So much shinier, extremely soft, and less shedding. His poops also became smaller and more solid. It has also helped somewhat with some allergies.

All the changes have been good. You may notice that when you first switch that your pups will be pooping much more than usual for a few days. This is b/c they are detoxing. You may also notice a significant decrease in the amount of water that they are drinking. The raw food, obviously, contains more moisture than dry kibble.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I've been feeding raw for about 10 years. I stumbled across it when researching what to do about one of my dog's allergies. She was on steroids from March through November for the itching
After some research and a few good books, I switched my dogs. The itchy girl stopped itching within a month, never needing steroids again. My other dog had absolutely horrific gas, and threw up kind of frequently. Both of those also stopped.

They LOVED the new food, and when I got my beagle Daisy, I switched her over cold turkey.

Taco (terrier mix) passed away at 14 1/2, amazingly healthy until the last few months. Maggie (shepherd mix) will be 15 in April. She has arthritis, but otherwise she's in good shape for her age. I think feeding a natural diet helped them live longer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts