Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very excited because it is Ralph's 1st birhtday on Sat 10th March sssshhhh don't tell him but this is the plan.
In the day I am gonna take him over the fields to meet with all his doggie friends to have a long run and play and in the evening I am having a party for him with all his adult human friends. I have spent most of the day downloading all the doggie songs I could think of to play at the party. He has loads of gifts from me already wrapped and ready to go including a kong dispenser toy which electronically dispenses a treat filled kong toy with a treat in it at selected time intervals to keep ralphie busy on the rare occasions he is home alone for more than a few hours. Also a puppia army dog hat and rain coat and several other toys including a toy singing birthday cake. I'm sure all his guests will bring lots of pressies too!! I have ordered a huge doggie bone biscuit to be engraved with 'happy 1st birthday Ralph' and I have also ordered a dog cake recipie so I can bake a cake for him. ( I'll keep some to give out to his dog friends next time he sees them. I'm gonna print out loads of pics of him from birth and over his 1st year which I will display round the house. He will be so excited to see all his friends as he just adores everybody. Any other fun ideas I could do?
The next day is Sunday and his daddy and I are gonna spoil him and take him out to a huge beautiful park full of woods to explore all day and on the way home we will stop off to see his best friend Zach the labrador who is 13 and has really bad legs so will not be able to join us for the party or any walks but Ralph is always happy to go and give him kissess and cuddles at his house it's amazing how much life it brings to my beautiful old Zach's eyes he is my mum's dog and the dog I grew up with - really a miricale dog surviving cancer - such a wonderful nature. and then the day after on Monday I am back to work and Ralph is having another party this time for all the kids me and my mum look after ( as we are both childminders ) as they are desperate to celebrate Ralph's birthday - they are all gonna bring gifts and watch him open them and sing happy birthday.
I am so excited I will take lots of pics and show them to you all.
Lots of Love
Lois and Ralph x x x x x x x x x

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Sounds like it is going to be one hell of a birthday!! Dont forget to take photos to show on here!!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Ooooo, that sounds like so much fun. (How time flies, huh.) You might want to pick up some dog ice cream too. (We have stuff called “Frosty Paws”. Emma doesn’t like it, but loves regular vanilla.)
Emma is celebrating her 1st adoptions anniversary on April 1st, so I too am doing a lot of planning. We have dollar stores where everything is 1 dollar or less. I have found tons of stuff for Emmy’s party there. Little ribbons that say “It’s my Birthday” & “It’s my Special Day”, a cute tiny balloon with ribbons coming off of it that says “Happy Birthday”, goodie bags with a dog on them (there were matching invitations too), a paper weight I can put her picture in & other stuff I can’t think of right now. I have sewn decorator buttons (hats & balloons) onto Emma’s collar & harness that she will wear that day. I also made a bandana that says “It Is My 1st Adoption Anniversary”. I am getting cookies made for her big day & will put them in the goodie bags to hand out.
I must ask where you are getting the engraved bone. Is it a local thing or online?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Great plans for Ralph and I second the request for pictures. I'd love one with Ralph's buddy Zach, Zach sounds like a very special dog and I love how you say he Ralph's visits bring life to the old fellows eyes /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AAAwwwwwww guys I'm so excited that you are all excited and now I'm even more excited than I was before. :bounce: Hooray!!
It's also good to know that I am not the only insane woman on the planet that throws a party for her beloved pooch x
Where do you get this frosty paws stuff that sounds amazing!!! Prob only in America though /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif
Great idea about the dollar shop. We have pound shops here too so I will be off to stock up on me balloons and bits.
I will take loads of pics so do not worry and I will make sure to get one of him and his best buddy Zach.
I did not mean an engraved bone by the way I meant an iced humungous biscuit in a bone shape to be decorated with 'happy 1st birthday Ralph.' this will be sent to be in the post but I will make the dog cake myself they just send you all the ingredients. It is from a place called dogs dogs bakery here in the uk. It has loads of call dog treats etc but I am pretty sure they won't deliver overseas however I guess you could kind of make one yourself and ice it.
Any other dog songs you guys can think of so far I got
puppy love
who let the dogs out
How much is that doggie in the window
scooby doo theme tune
lady and the tramp soundtrack
It's my party and I'll cry if I want too
Some songs from all dogs go to heaven and the fox and the hound - any others? and any more great ideas?
Oh yeah one lady I know from the playgroup I take the kids too that I look after comes from Australia I told her about my party plans and she said she her mum used to throw parties for her dogs back home and they used to thread loads of sausages on a rope for them. That sounds good fun aye.
N E Hoo
Thanks guys x x x

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Old Shep which is not appropriate for a happy party and Old Dog Tray (Which might be more Zach) come to my mind as great dog songs. Having Rescues I don't often get to name my dogs but I think I would name one Tray just because of the old Stephen Foster Song:

The morn of life is past, and evening comes at last;
It brings me a dream of a once happy day,
Of merry forms I've seen upon the village green,
Sporting with my old dog Tray

Old dog Tray's ever faithful,
Grief cannot drive him away,
He's gentle, he is kind;
I'll never, never find a better friend than old dog Tray.

The forms I called my own have vanished one by one,
The loved ones, the dear ones have all passed away,
Their happy smiles have flown,
Their gentle voices gone;
I've nothing left but old dog Tray.

When thoughts recall the past his eyes are on me cast;
I know that he feels what my breaking heart would say.
Although he cannot speak I'll vainly, vainly seek
A better friend than old dog Tray.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
OK, now that I'm reading all this, I feel like Jersey's birthday party was totally inadequate. I'm going to start planning now for June. LOL!

·
Registered
862 Posts
What a party!!! Hee..hee.. Happy Birthday in advance for little Ralph :happyhappy: Pictures when you can, please.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks so much for the frosty paws icecream recipie I will def be using that for the party.
Sounds yummy actually I might have to have some myself!!!
Speaking of which does anyone have any great dog websites for all kinds of stuff from your country that will deliver to the UK. I would love to get all kinds of treats, toys and clothes for Ralph that no one else will have in the UK!!

·
Registered
889 Posts
Sounds like Ralphie is going to have a great day.

Some other songs-
Me and you and a dog named Blue - Lobo
Dog eat Dog - Adam and the Ants
Hounds of Love - Kate Bush
Hungry like the Wolf - Duran Duran
The Puppy Song - David Cassidy
Bark at the Moon - Ozzy Ozbourne
I'm the urban spaceman - Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band
anythind by Snoop Dogg

·
Registered
51 Posts
WOW Lois!....its going to be even more fun than our puppy parties! [ by the way the date this year is Sunday 28th aug 12 noon ] give Ralphie a birthday hug and kiss from us all at Weiambea xx
Pauline

1 - 20 of 20 Posts