Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all :)

I just posted a quick intro yesterday introducing you to Rallie. Here is my beagle story..... I grew up with a beagle named Rex - he lived for 17 years and I was heartbroken when we finally put him down. I told myself I could never go through that pain of losing my beagle(I was devastated for months) - so I swore off ever getting another dog. Well.......I got married and had a complete change of heart. Four years after we lost Rex, I was ready for a new dog. My husband had never had a dog and he felt as if he knew Rex from all of the stories I would share. So, I searched high and low for a beagle breeder near our home - finally after about a month there was an ad for beagle pups. I called the family and we headed over to their house. I wanted a male b/c Rex was a male - so as soon as we saw the dogs - I instantly chose the one who reminded me of my sweet Rex. We took him home when he was 7 weeks old and named him Rallie - and he is the love of our lives :)

Here is a baby picture of my old sweet beagle Rex(standing on the rocks- this was taken in 1988) - and then a new one of our two year old beautiful baby Rallie(taken in 2008). Also - a picture when we had just brought Rallie home - he was about 5 lbs!
[img:left][/img]

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Raillie is very handsome and Rex sounds like he was a very special beagle. Welcome to BeagleWorld. We look forward to hearing lots of stories about Raillie and lots of memories of Rex - and lots more pictures too!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Welcome to BW. You wont regret getting another beagle. We also said never again, when our last beagle, Spotty, had to be put down. Then we adopted Susi and Snoopy, two ex research beagles. We#ll never forget our first beagles (Bilbo and Spotty) but adore our present two.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Welcome to BW!! Rex was beautiful and was clearly a wonderful beagle! Rallie looks like the perfect sweetheart to fill that void Rex left.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts