Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past weekend I had to go with my Mom out of town. So my husband and kids were in charge. I was only gone for 2 nights.

Well every night I'd call for an update on everyone. Of course husband, boys and older dog and cat were all ok. The problem was the girls. My husband told me that Jasmine was nibbling on her food, but Maggie was on a hunger strike. She would get on my side of the bed, sniff all over and he said she finally made a bed on my pillow.
It ended up that Jasmine settled in pretty well, but Maggie didn't eat the whole time I was gone.

I came home Tuesday evening and she would not leave my side. She did eat that night (gobbled it down) and made my lap her "place". Also Wednesday night she again climbed right into the lap and claimed it.

I would hate to see what would happen if we went away for a week?

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Oh dear, beagles are like children they differ so. I often wonder what would happen if Dave or I had to go away. It is best to get them used to being on their own bit by bit. I think, or hope, that a beagle wouldnt starve to death and that after a few days would start to eat.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Silly little creatures our Beagles are! I know how excited Jersey gets when Mike or I return from work. I could only imagine if I left her for any length of time.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I had to post b/c when we travel ALOT! I mean we are out of town and have to board/daycare Snoopy every several months. At first, he didnt eat well and they would mix gravy in with his food to help him eat.

Now, it has been a year since we had him, and we have boarded him at least 8 times in one year and he eats just fine now. We do give soft food in packets for them to mix in just in case.

I really believe that they will eat if they are really hungry!! Trust me, I bought soft canned food, packaged food and gravy b/c Snoopy doesnt eat at the day care, but really he was fine, and looked so happy when we picked him up....like I said, we travel every few months and it was a HUGE deal at first, but you have to find a day care/ boarding facility that will really take care of them..

When we first started boarding him, they said he wasnt eathing but they mixed stuff in for him so that he would eat..I was so happy that they actually noticed that he wasnt eating and tried to help! That is the kind of place you need when you look for day care and boarding.

Just wanted to let you know

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
I've heard friends talk of pets who won't eat when they're gone......but gobble everything in sight as soon as mom and dad return. Awwwwww..... (you're LOVED!) :angel:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts