Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am fostering a rescue that is mostly beagle and she has a distinct houndy smell plus under her eyes are brown tear stains. Her coat feels abit greasy and I am wondering if she may have low thyroid which I will get checked out as she is also abit overweight. Poor soul has been on a low quality diet so am wondering if any of you have found switching to a high quality diet and giving fish oils has helped in these situations. My dog has some hound in him and of course has a faint hound smell so I am not fussy but this is very strong to the point that when I hugged my adult daughter this afternoon she asked me why I smelled like a dog =:0 anneh

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
When we got Gino from the rescue he was a little stinky bugger too! Once we got him on better food and bathed him he has lost that distinct odor he had when he got him, I think it was less hound, more shelter.

·
Registered
205 Posts
JoJo has a distinct houndy smell, too. It gets REALLY bad, even with baths. And if she gets too many, she gets dandruff.
BLEH.
Her coat was kinda yuck when we adopted her, but she was on grocery store food. Now she's eating the good stuff and has a great coat! But still smells.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts