Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/angel.gif I wasn't sure where to put this question - altho it is about spending time with our Beagles and on the 'puter. I do not have a laptop (wish I did) and my 'puter is in the spare room which is upstairs. I use to have a sofa sleeper there but moved it downstairs (long story) so now the only chair is the desk chair and unless I close the door or put a gate up to the door, Shiloh won't stay. Because Shasta is younger and likes to snoop where she shouldn't, the only way I allow her there in the is on the leash connected to me or in her travel crate. I feel bad sometimes being here, especially when I'm gone all day at work (Mon-Fri).

Just wondering if I am the only one that feels this way sometimes. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hyper.gif

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
What about having a nice comfy doggie bed in there for them? Maybe that way Shiloh might be more inclined to stay a while and maybe Shasta might snuggle up in the bed too.

I don't feel guilty about being on the puter because my girls are older and they can do as they please. They can come upstairs to the puter room with me or stay downstairs on the sofa or in their bed. They tend to stay with me for a while then get restless and go back downstairs to snooze on the sofa.

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
I have a laptop so I am on the couch most times when I am on-line and the dogs are never far. I don't have an area in my house that the dogs aren't allowed to go though so even if I am on the computer in the other room, they are always there with me too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
FOXY-DAISY has my beloved FOX bed plus favorite stuffed bunny in my office while I am doing online ministry . Pretty well stays there until I get up or move than of course moves with me .

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all for your input - I am getting a bed in a day or two that will I will keep for Shiloh in the kitchen for him to lay on since that is where I keep him and Shasta(in her crate) during the day. But I did remember that I have an old comforter that just needs washing - it is quite comfy so after it is washed, I will fold it up all nice and cozy then put it in the room - that should work (and it's free too) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
We have our computer (desktop) in a room accessible off both the kitchen and living room. Abby either lays under the chair or desk, or if she's feeling needy she'll bark at me and tug on my shirt to let me know she wants me to pull up a chair for her /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
My computer is in the basement family room - and that's where most of the dogs spend the majority of their time. There's a futon in here, and a couple of the "garden tubs" that I use for whelping boxes when we have puppies, they're filled with old blankets and comforters, and a rocking chair that usually has a beagle or two. I spend most of my time in here with the beagle brats. Though right at the moment there are 5 upstairs - since they eat in their "little houses" and weren't through eating when I came down a few minutes ago.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Ours just lay on a comforter in the computer room. They prefer the dirty ones to the clean ones, though. If it's late enough, they'll just crawl into our bed without us.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
We have a laptop that I can bring in the living room or to the kitchen table but Maggie gets jealous and starts to steal things to get my attention. Usually I stop and play with her for a while and then she is happy to get on the couch for her nap.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have an easy chair right next to my computer desk...actually it's between my desk and the husband's desk. Kioko just adopted it as her spot on her own because it's where we always tend to be in the quiet parts of the day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts