Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I recently got my beagle for money , but I want some opinions if he is purebred or mixed .. his character is full energetic and sniffs everything , i love him and he is adorable .. if someone can tell me if he is purebred!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
Hello
Your dog looks full beagle. Do you have a concern? Beagles have a highly developed scence of smell..close to a bloodhound.
Tell us more about your dog..name, gender.
Have you ever had a puppy before?
Beagles are full of energy and they dont calm down until about 3yrs old.
Post any questions you may have.
Cassie says hi
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Companion dog Snout

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello
Your dog looks full beagle. Do you have a concern? Beagles have a highly developed scence of smell..close to a bloodhound.
Cassie says hi
View attachment 42438
Hello ! His name is Voron , and he is a little male devil.. he is nonstop playing and he started biting everything , he was born at October 20th , cant wait to have him full vaccinated to start going out for walks ! I would like some recommendations about what kind of dry food and how many times and grams per day .. right now for 10 days giving him 12-13 grams 5 meals as the breeder recommended me.. spoke with the vet as well he said it's fine like this yeah.. after the 9-10 days I would like some opinions from beagle owners as well ..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello
Cassie says hi
View attachment 42438
Also she looks so beautiful gosh !! Cutie pie

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
Thank you
I have been on this forum for years and posted lots of advice on biting. If you go to Search and put in "biting" you'll find pages ive posted about biting.

Cassie doesnt bite anymore. I can hold a treat between my fingers and she'll just gently nibble.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Comfort

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hello I recently got my beagle for money , but I want some opinions if he is purebred or mixed .. his character is full energetic and sniffs everything , i love him and he is adorable .. if someone can tell me if he is purebred!
He looks beagle to me also. You can always do a DNA test on him, I’m not sure where in your country but in US, Embark is popular and on sale it cost about $100. Your breeder should have provided you a 4 generation pedigree and parents should have had the DNA testing and should provide results to you (at least show you certificate that they are full-bred beagle). Did any guarantees come with your contract? I have researched breeders in US and a breeder who shows their dogs have this info. If the breeder doesn’t breed for show (what we call hobby breeder) may not have this; it doesn’t mean it’s any less a beagle. Field beagles, if compete in trials, will have the sire DNA tested usually, but often not the dam. My cousin has friends who breed beagles but I am very picky about genetic health so while they may not test, I am putting in the contact a contingency that I will pay for DNA health test and if any bad genetics, I will not buy the pup. I while I don’t intend to breed, I am very concerned about the breed loosing it’s general good health due to so much bad breeders here in US.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts