Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Kylie is 4 weeks post op today from surgery on her neck.

She had had a couple really good days. Was able to stand and go outside to do her "business"

Yesterday she was down all day. Back in the crate. Not moving. I tried taking her outside a few time and she just stood there with her tail between her legs.

Then last night she pee'd in her crate while asleep. Is it normal to have a set back?

I'm very worried. She hasn't pooped for a few days now again.

Thanks in advance.
Renee

·
Registered
146 Posts
Is Kylie on any meds after her surgery? Certain antibiotics and steroids can cause leekage where the poor pup doesn't even feel it coming. When Capone hurt his back he was on cortizone and he would have a lot of accidents and give such a bewildered look.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Setbacks are to be expected, but you are right to be concerned. Contact your vet and see what they say.

W3B is correct about the meds causing leakage. Murphy is on antibiotics for a UTI, so his nickname is back to "pissaroo".

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your response. Yesterday evening she finally went outside and pee'd. No, she is not on any medication. NEVER came home with any. I guess as MD says, there will be up and down days. Guess that IS to be expected. Man if I were cut down my neck I'd be mostly down!

Sorry to hear of the UTI. Do they have anything like detropan (sp?) for dogs/animals. It's an anti spasm for the bladder.

Thanks again and hoping for a good day.

Renee

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
No, his leakage issue is mainly because he is partially paralyzed. The anti-biotics make him thirsty. Then he drinks like he eats, until he explodes... or leaks in this case. Actually its a good thing, otherwise he could become incontinent due to his bladder being over-stretched.

If it comes down to "leaks sometimes' or leaks all the time", I'll take sometimes and deal with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts