Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always heard that switching a dogs's dog food can make a dog sick.. is that true? I switched Molly's dog food because i moved and the state i moved to didnt have it, and she has been eating for about two weeks and for the past three days she has been throwing up her food. Could it be that i changed her dog food??

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Usually they have the runs when their food is switched abruptly. It might be the switch, but it might also be something else. monitor her, maybe even worth a call to the vet.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Today actually was the first day she only threw up once. And she has been pooping on the carpet in the middle of night. I think that is because my mom just got a job and now no one is home with her and thats her way of being mad at us, for not staying home with her. But we have eliminated table food from her diet and she is down to eating only once a day instead of twice.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
dogs don't get mad at us. they don't have the same feelings as we do.
What might be the case is separation anxiety.
Try and ease up the departing on her. Don't pay any attention to her for about 15 minutes before you leave, leave a stuffed kong or something with a treat to keep her occupied, don't make a fuss over leaving.
Do the same when you get back, give her attention only when she is calm and not following you.
Are you crating her?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will try all of that. Thanks.
no we are not crating her. Someone is home with her all the time so there is no need for me to crate her.

·
Registered
400 Posts
She may be feeling a little nervous about the new situation she's in too. You said that you recently moved and this can have some effect on some dogs. Eleanor's also got good suggestions as to how to ease the separation anxiety. Some dogs take change quite well, others require a little additional preparation from us. good luck!

Originally Posted By: Megan
no we are not crating her. Someone is home with her all the time so there is no need for me to crate her.
Perhaps you can limit Molly's access at night? You mentioned that she pooped on the carpet in the middle of the night, and if she were restricted to your room or to her own cozy crate, she wouldn't have that opportunity. just a thought.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well so far Molly has done really great. No more poop. I still let her roam through the house at night, but she seems to be fine. We are still only feeding her once a day. She could go on a diet anyways. lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.