Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure how to tittle this but anyway. As I have posted in another thread we are getting a new puppy in 4 weeks now. Up to today we weren't sure if it will be a girl or a boy. Found out today we can get the girl we desire. We have had 2 male beagles and have always wanted to have a girl.
One thing the breeder was saying is that in her opinion and she also said other breeders have said the same - Boy beagles are more affectionate than girl beagles. I would like to have an affectionate beagle both Bazel and Merlin [in rainbow bridge ] were and are affectionate . Merlin was like a big cuddly teddy bear and Bazel loves his pats and company. Merlin would jump on anyones lap if they sat down and he could get up there , he got a bit less agile as he got older.
Well after waffling on a bit my question is for you beagle owners out there with girls and or girls and boys do you think that is true ? Are boys more affectionate than girls. I really have my heart set on a girl but really love the affectionate type. Beagles are such lovely cuddly things, from my experience anyway.

Of course every dog is different but I would like to hear your opinions . Thanks.

· Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for your replies.
Originally Posted By: Li'l Maggie. I will say that if your heart is set on a female, go ahead and get her. Most all beagles, regardless of sex, are very loving and affectionate anyway!
I think we will . I just wanted to see what you all had to say.

· Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you A doghouse, beagletails,Jennifer and Joe Beagles

Originally Posted By: Joe Beagles

So IMHO, it depends on the dog. It has nothing to do with gender.
I think your right especially after reading all the replies.

Thank you for everyones input. I love reading all about what all your beagles love in the way of affection , it warms my heart.

They are such loveable dogs

I am looking forward to our new addition, we go for our first visit on Saturday.

· Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Originally Posted By: Brien & Bodie
Personally I don't think the sex has anything to do with how affectionate a dog is. It's how you interact with the dog at an early age that makes them a playful, affectionate dog who gets along well with humans. From the first day we brought Bodie home we would spend everyday playing with him and showering him with affection. Bodie is very affectionate and loves people.
That's a great point. This puppy is going to be showered with affection from myself and my 2 children, hubby also
Originally Posted By: Sephly
Originally Posted By: Karebru
Females are easier to give belly rubs to... Nothing in the way.

ahhaha! I've always thought it must be easier lol
That's funny .

Thank you Sephly, Karebu, Toby and Lucky, Caesar's mom, Brein and Bodie , and heidi.

· Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks Cocoloco, Smeagle, and beaglechaser.
Well we have been to see the puppies and we have picked a gorgeous little girl.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.