Our Beagle World Forums banner

Python Pete !!!!!

2606 Views 10 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Wellington
Am watching NBC Nightly news and the story about snake hunters is on. Python Pete the beagle is being trained to seek out pythons in the everglades. The snakes are becoming a huge problem as owners are dumping them into the everglades because they grow to big sometimes eating things twice their size /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif .....

rut roh pythons ....it's Python Pete better slither away and hide !!!
See less See more
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Oh... Poor Python Pete!! It's so risky! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif
See less See more
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif I'm scared for him!!
See less See more
I hope Pete sees the pythons before they see him.
I pulled up the article on msnbc.com. Pete is trained to stop well short of the python and simply paw at the ground when he finds one. He's adorable! There's a video there that shows a few seconds of him. He's very playful!

Here's the link - Python Pete
I saw that on tv last night. It was very interesting how he actually smells them out and keeps his distance.

The power of the nose!!!
This goes as proof that beagles can be trained to do just about anything!
How cute! A real "working" beetle!

(eeewww, gotta watch for those alligator vs python pics...I hate those!)
Wow! How cool! Lucky killed a snake one time. I didn't get to see him do it , but he skinned it as well (it wasn't poisonous). That's gross!
thank goodness we dont have dangerous large snakes. We do have adders but I hope our beagles wouldnt go near.
That's quiet impressive!He is far braver then I!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.