Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
he peed outside. 5mins later he peed on the tile. i put him in his crate. then he peed himself in his crate. i gave him a bath and took him outside, he peed again. i figured by now he must be done so i took him to my bedroom cause he was crying. as soon as i set him on the floor he peed. i cleaned it as soon as he did it . by now i surely figured there is no way he can pee again, and he did 3ft from where he just peed in my bedroom. i went downstairs to get another towel came back up and he peed by the stairs. i have no idea what to do. the pee looks just like normal doggy pee, no blood or anything i cant tell if this is normal or not but im going crazy.

·
Registered
76 Posts
How old is your new puppy?

Ours was exactly the same when he first came home; no matter how often he went out he still did it all over the floor as soon as he came back in despite peeing outside only minutes before. He never peed in his crate though. Keep on with the toilet training, take him out as often as you can, praise him when he goes outside, watch him like a hawk when he is inside, if it looks like he is about to go pick him up and make him go outside and praise him again. Don't bother telling him off once he has peed; he wont take any notice, loud noise or other distraction whilst he is in the act inside may stop him long enough for you to take him out so he gets the idea.

Ours will only pee and poop on grass now because that's where he used to get the most praise when we were training him. He is now 9 months and there are still some accidents usually if he left on his own for more than 4 hours (which is rare). Bladder control comes with time. They can also lose control when they eat,drink,play, walk,after sleeping,get excited etc. etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
now he pees himself in his crate. every 3 hours during the night he starts howling because he peed himself while sleeping. what do i do i cant take it. he pooped a pile of crap that was 3/4 of his size. im feeding him good food and not letting him drink water after 8pm so how the hell can he pee 4-5 times a night a giant puddle that he lays in. i dont know what to do i wanted a normal beagle -_- guess i have to go to the vet if you guys dont know anything

·
Registered
76 Posts
For the first few weeks I was getting up every 2 hours to take ours out to pee. At about 12 weeks I increased the period to 3 hours then 4hours then at about 16 weeks just the once in the middle of the night; it was about 6 months before I stopped getting up in the night for toilet breaks. At 9 months it's toilet at 10pm then again when I get up at around 5am. It was all like being a new dad again; anyone with children will remember the night time feeding/nappy changes.

·
Registered
54 Posts
during his first couple of days at my home, I always kept him on his leash in case he would decided to squat and go to town on my floor.

I took him out once every 30 minutes to the same spot, praising him when he'd use the grass, and no praise if all he did was sniff around. I think I continued this for the first couple of hours, then increased the time to 1-2-3 hours. I continued this for 2 days or so, and the potty training was basically completed... just had to stick to a more regimented schedule.

the rule of thumb was 1 hour per month he's old (e.g. 3 month old puppy = 3 hours he should be able to hold it before making a modern art masterpiece of your floor)

Oh, Natural's Miracle, and a steam vac works wonders on those stains.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts