Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I'm pretty new here, but have posted a few times before. I am definatly new to beagle ownership and have a question regarding Mocha who is nearly 5 months old now. I think she is under the weather, or has a cold or something. Normally, she is very active in the morning, and other periods in the day but yesterday and today, we will take her outside first thing in the morning to do her business, and she will go right back to her bed and sleep almost all day. Yesterday, she did manage to eat both her meals, but hasn't touched her food today. She has been drinking a bit of water, and will eat treats no problem when we give them to her. She is sneezing a LOT (she must have sneezed over 100 times yesterday), but no other real symptoms of anything. The wierd thing is, we took her for 2 walks yesterday, just to get her out and moving, and she acts perfectly, runs in the park and is her usual hyper self. She doesn't act like she's sick at all, except all she does in the last 2 days is sleep. I haven't contacted the vet yet, I thought I would give it a couple of days, but just wondering if anyone has any advice or has encountered similar situations with their beagles?

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Is she having discharge from her eyes? Is she scratching her nose and chewing on her paws? Those can all be signs of allergies.

Is she spayed? If not she could be getting ready to go into heat.

Have you changed her food lately?

Are her ears clean? If not do they smell? She could have a yeast infection...though it doesn't seem like much it can really bring a beagle down and make them uncomfortable.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have noticed a bit of goop in her eyes, but nothing really major. Allergies crossed my mind, but I didn't think if that was the problem, they would completely wear her down like this...

We have not changed her food, and she has not been spayed yet. I hope she is not going into heat, cause we have her set to go in August 16.
Her ears aren't dirty, but I have noticed an odor to them. I keep meaning to wipe them out with baby wipes to see if it helps. I guess if she doesn't perk up, I will call the vet tomorrow.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
I would take her to the vet. It is not normal for such a young dog to sleep all day. Has she had all her vacines? Good luck but don't wait any longer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She has definatly had all her vaccines. She has seemed to perk up tonight, but I will be calling the vet in the morning.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Both of my 7 month old Twins would sleep all day if I let them....last week they came inside while I was home and both slept over 5 hrs during the day.

but we are paying for it at night, cause they wake us up about 5am to go out to hunt.

Chloe has had issues with allergies and running eyes and reverse sneezing for awhile. If she gets really bad, I give her a dose of benedryl and she seems to do better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts