Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at work now, my girlfriend is at home watching our precious little girl, so, I figured I would give an update. Something like a new puppy journal. So, if anyone is interested....here we go..

We picked her up yesterday, at about 5 pm. She laid in my lap the whole drive home, which lasted about an hour and a half. This is my first time raising a puppy or any kind of dog for that matter so, I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

When we got home we took her outside to go potty, she held it in the car the whole time! We took her around for a tour of the new apartment... She just stood there and shivered. Whenever I sat her down she just crawled right back into my lap, probably because she felt safe there from the car ride home. We figured she must be starving so we gave her some food and water... She didn't drink anything, there has got to be a HUGE difference between city water and the well water that the breeder gave her, so I'm not sure how to get her to drink.

She has not piddled inside yet. Which is GREAT!! She is very good about going outside but she just rolls around and tries to chew on her new leash and doesn't even think about pooping. But, as soon as we come inside, she starts to do her poop dance and drops one on the carpet. I cut her off, mid squat, and take her outside, and she plays and rolls around and shews her leash.

I thought getting her to go to sleep last night was going to be a pain, but at about midnight, she just crashed right in her crate and slept though the night.

I can't say the same for myself. I woke up every hour just to make sure that she was OK. We woke up this morning at 6 to take her outside and she did her 1's and 2's. What a good girl.

She isn't much of a player... I'm sure this will wear off, but, for now she just lays her head on her toys. There is one toy, we call it her Wubbie, a stuffed duck that she just loves.

Thats about it for yesterday and this morning. She seems to be warming up to me quite a bit though, she even wags her tail and jumps up to see me.

Work today seems extra long and boring, I cant wait to get home to my little puppy!

More pictures tonight...

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Sounds like she is one lucky puppy. So glad she had a good first day and night. She has to settle first then the playing will begin. Sounds like she has bonded with you already. Dont worry about the water, if it can be drunk by you then she can drink it.
Yes, more photos please. What is her name?

·
Registered
865 Posts
It sounds like Bria had a good first night! That is awesome that she slept in her crate!!!! I have always heard that female dogs tend to take up with the male human and male dogs tend to take up with the female human. I don't think it always works that way, but it did with ours. Both boys are mama's boys!!!

Looking forward to more pupdates!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bulletin!!! This just in!!! I've received information from my sources(girlfriend), Cambria pooped and peed outside...twice... and the puppy just realized that she likes having her little tummy rubbed...lol..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL, Well, on Wednesday mornings, I am down in the security booth, so i just sit and watch the monitors, and wait for people to be buzzed in... So... It's usually a very boring job... I'm usually relieved to get off work, but today, I CANT WAIT TO GET OFF!!!...

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I'm definitely living vicariously through you today - and looking forward to lots more Cambria updates! I can just imagine how the day is dragging for you!!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
No turning back now. You are destined for a long life of happiness together. Congrats.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Awww...I just loved hearing your story...I remember sleeping on the floor by Snoopy's crate for a week, and waking up every hour to make sure Marbles was breathing...hehe

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Bria sounds adorable!! Love the name!! Can't wait to see her pictures.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.