Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I have the sweetest 10 week old Begale pup. He had some health issues (worms :( ) so he’s a bit behind on his vaccines (all under his vets supervision of course).
This past week he’s started to develop red, patchy skin on front legs and chest. It definitely itches but he’s still as playful as ever! He bites at it but it hasn’t bled at all. Taking him to the vet on Monday, but I was just wondering if anyone has experienced this before?

·
Registered
982 Posts
I'm not sure. There's a bunch of things that could cause skin conditions. Let us know what the vet says!

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
I agree with Neb its hard for us to determine the cause but a Vet check is best before it gets worse. Let us know whats found and how its treated.
Sure would like to see a picture of your dog.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi! I have the sweetest 10 week old Begale pup. He had some health issues (worms :( ) so he’s a bit behind on his vaccines (all under his vets supervision of course).
This past week he’s started to develop red, patchy skin on front legs and chest. It definitely itches but he’s still as playful as ever! He bites at it but it hasn’t bled at all. Taking him to the vet on Monday, but I was just wondering if anyone has experienced this before?
It is obvious you have to take your dog to a vet before it gets worse. But before you visit a doctor you can make a solution using 50/50 apple cider vinegar water spray. It will help your dog to relief from itching.

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
When you see the vet ask about one of the preventive itching medications. My dog was scratching a lot for no apparent reason and causing hot spots. My vet recommended a shot of CYTOPOINT..it was miraculous!! my dog stopped scratching almost immediately and had no side effects from the medication. A shot of Cytopoint twice a year does the job. It costs about $60.

·
Registered
65 Posts
sneakers is having a skin issue, it's pretty mild. the vet has me bathing her with DERMABENSs shampoo twice a week. kuro is just fine. waiting to see if it works, i am starting the 2nd week today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts