Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scout has not been eating our of her bowl. She is 5 months old. We recently changed her food but she was licking the bowl dry. About 3-4 days ago she wouldn't eat or at least wouldn't eat much. We figured she was tired or something. So this morning I started feeding her out of my hand. She gobbled it all up so it must not be the food. Then she started easting food I had dropped on the ground. So then we just put a bunch of food on the ground and she ate all of it. Is it the bowl? Is there something I can go so I don't have to spill out the food on the floor to get her to eat?

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
When Maggie was a baby she somehow tipped her stainless steel bowl, it made a noise, rolled around and scared her. I had to use a plate for a while and then a plastic bowl and finally she forgot and we went back to the regular bowl.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Do not hand feed him. Make it as a habit, after 20 minutes take the bowl away. He needs to know thats the only way to get food, and he will get hungry if he does not eat.
I spoiled Charlie, he became dominant. :evilgrin: I'm trying to gain my control back.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
We have rubber mats under our dog bowls, this way they dont slide across the floor and make a noise. That used to scare our two.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hmm how odd. I guess something must've scared the little one.

Snoopy only ever gets fed in a bowl if it's mushy food. His dog bikkies I make a trail out of on the back patio so he can "hunt" for his breakfast/dinner. Keeps his mind amused /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
13 Posts
my friend's furbaby wouldn't eat out of her bowl either... i put a stuffed animal furbaby by the bowl and she started eating out of it.... her instinct to keep the "intruder" from getting her food kicked in....

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We got a new bowl and she seems to be eating out of it. My wife is a softy and always worried that she isn't eating and stuff.

·
Registered
122 Posts
my pita started taking the bowl as if it is a toy when there is still food on it and spill it all over. we are shouting at her everytime she does it and now she doesnt do t much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts