Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.thebostonchannel.com/video/17944821/index.html

There's the video.

I've been to that kennel before, right before we got teddy someone suggested them. They didn't sound like a pet store so we went over there and it didn't seem very legit. We left without buying the beagle/sheagle/or cavalier we had made an appointment to see. I thought something was fishy with them but i didn't know to what extent, that they would buy dogs from such horrible conditions not only that but when interviewed say that they dont consider the lady in the video above a puppy mill since she has a USDA license........reality check MOST midwestern puppy mills have USDA licenses. I made me cry and it made me sad for the pups we left behind and those that have yet to come because they wont be shut down.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
I'm afraid I can't bring myself to watch the video--puppy mills are just so heartbreaking. I think puppy mill owners are despicable and should be hung by their thumbs! I hope Mass. shuts the place down!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Unfortunately being a puppy farmer is not against the law (at least it isn't where I live). They work mass producing dogs as a registered business and only have to abide by limited conditions when it comes to the dogs - they need food, shelter and water.

The trend here now is for many puppy farmers to have online sites where people can buy their pup like they would anything else over the net
They essentially just click on a litter and pay

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
<span style="font-style: italic">... She has USDA License ...</span>
Given to her by the same people who grade meat.

Genie,
<span style="font-style: italic">...should be hung by their thumbs...</span>
Come on, even I can think of some more vital appendages to hang people from.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Criminal, you could tell by the film that the people handling those dogs were cruel. Obama is an animal lover, maybe we should all write to him, or our own governments, to get such animal cruelty stopped.

·
Premium Member
2,104 Posts
OMG! I'm sorry I watched it. I agree with all of you. She needs to be shut down and beat. Or, actually, I'm a firm believer in doing to them as they did to their victim. Dunk her in livestock insecticide, and let her walk barefoot on those bars, etc.... I'll stop there. She's disgusting!

·
Registered
16 Posts
there aren't words filthy enough to describle this poor excuse for a human. at least none that i could think of, and several came to mind. i can't even imagine the sadness these poor animals must go through. surely there is something that can be done...like sneaking over there and stealing all those poor babies in the middle of the night. ugh, just absolutely disgusts me. i couldn't even watch the whole thing, it made my skin crawl.

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What made me more angry is on that same page in the bottom is a follow up where they interviewed the kennels/petstores that bought from her! including owners of the now older puppies, most of which had genetic disorders and were sick when bought. none of the pet stores see nothing wrong with what she does. it makes me soo mad. I seriously cannot imagine a best case scenario for the puppy mills, i mean they say that they cannot make stricter laws because it would kill the good puppy farmers but i have YET to see one. Its one of the biggest reasons why i shop at family owned small pet shops, none of whom sell pups. I'd rather give them my business. If i can ask to go to the back and see some of the pregnant hamsters/degus/lizards and they dont mind showing you, then most likely its a decent place, with nothing to hide.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Originally Posted By: SephlyWhat made me more angry is on that same page in the bottom is a follow up where they interviewed the kennels/petstores that bought from her! including owners of the now older puppies, most of which had genetic disorders and were sick when bought. none of the pet stores see nothing wrong with what she does. it makes me soo mad. I seriously cannot imagine a best case scenario for the puppy mills, i mean they say that they cannot make stricter laws because it would kill the good puppy farmers but i have YET to see one. Its one of the biggest reasons why i shop at family owned small pet shops, none of whom sell pups. I'd rather give them my business. If i can ask to go to the back and see some of the pregnant hamsters/degus/lizards and they dont mind showing you, then most likely its a decent place, with nothing to hide.
OMG, that is hillarious! A good puppy farmer - that's a bit of an oxymoron.

I am the same as you Sephly - I won't shop at any pet store that sells live animals. I only buy dogs from ethical registered breeders who breed only for the good of their breed - not to make money, or I would go through a rescue.

·
Registered
56 Posts
omg i wish i wouldnt have watched that i think im going to throw up. Another reason i will never ever buy a pet from a petstore again....it sickens me im from mn and i cant freaking believe someone could be so cruel. We did get max from a petstore and he will be my last petstore pet....i love max dearly and hate to think he may have been born in one of those places.

This is one of the many reasons we adopted maggie from the humane society

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I haven't watched the video because I know it would infuriate me. People who operate puppy mills are beyond my comprehension.
They should be forced to live in the conditions those poor dogs have to endure.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I can't bring myself to watch this video. My last dog was a Beagle/Cavalier mix.....I don't think I could handle watching the video. This is a family friendly board, so I won't say what I think of people who run puppy mills. I cannot comprehend how anyone could ever let a dog live in those kinds of conditions.

·
Registered
91 Posts
ARRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The main thing that keeps me going in my beagle/senior rescue work is that I believe there is a special, horrible place reserved in hell for these kinds of people. God has instructed us to care for the animals. I don't care what you believe, this is not right. It's beyond sickening. I wonder what she would have done with a little one like my Snoopy. GGGGRRRRRRRRRR!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts