Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PUPPY HERE!!!!

she is the cutest little thing...

but... she is terrified of everything...

she is eating her food and drinking a little water but, she mainly just lays in our laps and shakes if we let her go...

any ideas on how to make her feel more at home???

less nervous???

P.s. Pictures coming soon, probably tonight...

·
Registered
271 Posts
I would just try to make her comfortable. She has to get used to new things.

She has just left everything she has ever known. Enjoy her.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know, but I don't want to baby her and let her lay on my lap all the time and have her be a scaredy cat... Is it OK to let her come to me every time she is scared?

and when she goes outside she is fine, runs around, plays, the whole nine yards. But, inside she turns into this shivering,whimpering, little thing...

She is adorable though...

·
Registered
271 Posts
She won't be a scaredy cat. I helped foster some beagle lab mix puppies and I held them when they were scared. They seem to be just fine now. My neighbor adopted 2 of them. They wern't even scared of the thunderstorm we had yesterday.

She is also going to look at you as her pack leader.

But the first few days, I don't think it will hurt to baby her.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright, I have no problem babying her. Its really easy to just snuggle her all day, since she is the cutest little thing.

She is actually sleeping now, she had a long day...

·
Registered
271 Posts
Make sure you rest when she rests. You could be in for a long night. She may cry which is very normal. You should probably let her out a couple of times during the night too.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Can't wait to see pictures. I have never had a little puppy, so I don't have a lot of advice. Just give her time and she will get over the fear! I don't think it will hurt to baby her, either, but I wouldn't let her sleep in your bed right now. I would get her crate trained asap. That will help with potty training and it gives her a 'den' or 'safe place'

Lots of patience!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
New question!!! she doesn't even want anything to do with her puppy treats... They are specially for puppies but she just spits them out. Any tips on treats that puppies like?

·
Registered
271 Posts
She has probably never had a treat. Again back to the fosters, one puppy was yorkie mix and he didn't like cookies at all. The other one ate them like they were going out of style.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
OK, first off - CONGRATS!!! I miss the times when Chloe was a young pup.

Give her time with getting used to her new surroundings. She just left her littermates and her mommy. Don't be afraid to babying her, just me moderate about it. Don't leave her to face new things alone, encourage her and praise her on ever little positive thing that she does. Don't praise negative things and stuff you don't want to encourage.
About food and treats, she may not eat much in the next day or two, it's fine, as long as she drinks water. It's just the trauma still.

Waiting for those pictures

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.