Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When would you recommend changing their food from puppies to adults...
I'm starting to think about that, and plan on how much food to buy for Chloe's next batch.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
48 Posts
When we got Dexter our trainer recommended we use puppy food until about 7-8 months or until the the time the beagle looks about full grown...they said that puppy food contains ingredients in it which helps them grow, so keeping them on puppy food for too long might make them get bigger than what they should be...

we switched Dexter at right around 8 months and his size is right about perfect...

So if Chole is right about the size that she should be for that kind of a beagle and is about 7-8 months..you should be good to switch...

Toke

·
Registered
786 Posts
I think it was around 9mnths old when I weaned the girls to new food. I did stay with the same brand only to the adult formula...

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jersey ate puppy food up until about 11 months. I went according the the feeding recommendations on the bag. I do think that was too long though and that it could be part of the Jersey grew a little bigger than the rest of her litter mates.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts