Our Beagle World Forums banner

Puppy Day!

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  jenn1189 
I'm so happy for you!

I got Bloom at 8 weeks too. The breeder had her in a kennel outside as well....and I tell ya she stunk as hell. I wanted her to sleep in my bed the first night (for god knows what reason, I dont even remember) so she HAD to take a bath the first day she got here. It was easier than I thought it would be. She was holding still. maybe she was enjoying the warm water....or she was just plain scared
Anyway, it didnt scar her for life. So i wouldnt be too concerned about that.

About the food thingy...I'm not so sure. She probably wont eat at all the first days. You know, because she misses her siblings and her mommy and just the whole familiar surrounding.
At least Bloom did.
So I can't say we were feeding her 3-4 times a day, because the food bowl was always full. Sometimes we had to fill it up twice a day and sometimes just once. And then there were days when we didn't have to fill it up at all.
Now (Bloom is 2 yrs) I feed her twice a day. Which is normal for an adult dog. And she's a good eater , like a beagle should.

And if you have any questions, please contact me, ok?
I would be glad to help you out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.