Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m having a problem with my puppy chewing up her training pad. I have been spraying it with Bitter Apple to discourage this and for a long time, it worked and now recently, it doesn’t stop her.

Any ideas for another deterrent?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
How old is your pup? We used them with Caesar in the begining but he started to shred them too. We just stopped using them. Sorry, I don't have any advice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My pooch has to stay in a crate during the day while I work and since she’s in there for about 9 hours, I use a pad for her to take care of business. I don’t want to put her in a small crate for so long.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Nine hours is an awfully long time to leave any dog in a crate,let alone a puppy.She is probably bored out of her mind.
Can you not arrange daycare or a dog walker or something else for her.
Do you leave her toys or kongs to play with.I really think that you must sort something out for her before she goes mad from boredom.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
We tried those as well, but Jersey just shredded them. She loves paper stuff to chew on, always has. I think we got one tinkle on a pee pad before the shredding started. Some dogs just like paper....sorry. Nine hours is a very long time to leave a puppy alone in a crate. We left Jersey for 6 as a puppy and that was stretching it. We hated it but had no other option at the time.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Mizu did not do well w/ the puppy training pads. I purchased like 3 bags and used ZERO! I had them placed by the stairs to the front door and he would just run to it and tear it up. We take him out to the grass to go potty now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts