Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are the little guys around 2 weeks old.

We went to go see them at 4 weeks. We still can't pick one of the boys out because the breeder wants to pick one. The thing is...we fell in love with one and he isn't one of the pups she wants to choose from because his coloring isn't show quality or something. He is the little tri in this picture...

We had so much fun playing with them! They really liked to chew on my toes and the bottoms of my feet, which tickled horribly. But when it was time to go back to sleep, our little guy took a nap on Nick.

And then we had to put him back in the puppy pile...

(There are seven of them in that crate if you're trying to count.)

And if you want more puppy pictures and even a video...click on this link...
Puppy pictures!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I'm already replying to myself...but I just rememberd this.

When I went to my parents' house to show them these pictures, I hooked the camera to the TV so they would be really big. Their dog, a 16 year-old mutt, went crazy barking at the pictures and movies. It was so cute! We told her, "Bridget, one of these puppies will be your nephew!" She turned around with a look on her face that said, "You've GOT to be kidding" and then went to lay down in a corner. It was very funny.

The weekend after we get the puppy, Bridget will be coming to stay with us for a couple days. We're not sure how she will like the puppy, being that she is old and grumpy now, so we will probably have to keep them apart. But we'll see...

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
They are ADORABLE and I have no idea how you can choose.
So what if the pup is not show quality, he still deserves a home, and the breeder needs to home him too.... so why not you? Ar you planning on a show dog?

btw, I'm bias, but I'll take one of the lemon girls... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/doh00000.gif

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
They are soooooo cute! I agree, it would be so hard to choose just one! The last time I bought a puppy from a breeder (Romeo), HE chose me! The breeder had the pups segregated by "gender" - and the little males were in one "pen" - the others were sleeping and Roms came over and kissed me. Love at first kiss! Actually almost every puppy I've EVER bought in my life "chose me" - which is good, so I don't have to make that difficult decision! The breeder of a sheltie I got about 40 years ago told me that MOST of the time the pups choose the owners! I can't wait for puppies this time. JoJo is rapidly expanding and is due about mid-April. I'm NOT planning to keep any of these pups, but then I didn't PLAN to keep any of the last two litters either! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/winkingsmiley.gif - no, no I really CAN'T keep any puppies! I'll enjoy them while they're here and find them ALL wonderful homes and miss them when they leave /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/gaah.gif Yes, I always cry when they leave me!
Thank you for sharing those pictures. They're all adorable!!!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We aren't planning on showing him, which makes it great that we've already fallen in love with a dog who isn't "show quality". The two she is planning to pick from have more white on their necks and other places, where the one we like only has a little white line going down his neck as if he were wearing a necklace.

I really wish I could have two of them. I know we can afford one right now, but I'm not sure we could swing two. If we were to get a second one, we'd probably get one of the red and white boys. Who knows what will happen. Usually she has all the puppies spoken for before they are even born, so we were lucky to get a pick...especially first pick of the boys! She's going to have another litter fairly soon...so maybe if our little guy looks lonely, we can find him a friend. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Originally Posted By: Chloe's Mommy
btw, I'm bias, but I'll take one of the lemon girls... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/doh00000.gif
I'm with you on that Eleanor. Of course, I too may be a bit biased about lemon females too.

I don't know how you could pick just one. They are all so abso-freakin'-lutely adorable! I'm so glad that when I adopted Jersey it was sight unseen (I told them I wanted the only lemon female in the litter). If I'd had to go and pick her out I don't think I could have picked just one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts