Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
19,926 Posts
Of course you still love her! I know all too well what you are talking about. Chloe was a nightmare at first
, but once you set boundries, Bria should be good.
Puppy crazes will always happen (with every breed by the way) but the will lessen in time.
Keep doing what you are doing, don't give in to the crying
. Cambria is in that phase where she tests your limits. She will push and push, just like a child. Patience and persistance is the key.
If you have the option, about 1 hour before you go to bed, try to running her around (not by you, as she is way to young), but even in a back yard, chase her, or better - have her chase you a little, play with a ball or some other toy. That should wear her out and you'll get the excess energy out of her system. She will most likely sleep soundly after that (even if she whines a little at first).

Good luck

·
Banned
19,926 Posts
Originally Posted By: KirKnCambriAI try to just let her howl until she settles down, and then give her attention. My girlfriend however, can only last about 3 minutes of howling until she gives in...Just what puppy wants.
I think, by saying what you did, you already know the solution ... consistency, consistency, consistency! If you and your girlfriend have two different sets of limits/rules, etc., then Cambria will know that she will eventually get what she wants. If you and your girlfriend can't come to agreement on rules on your own, then I would suggest a session with a trainer (particularly someone who might specialize in puppy training).

·
Banned
19,926 Posts
Been there, done that. Only Jersey's energy bouts usually came at about 4 a.m. I'd take her out to go potty and she'd spend the next 45 minutes running around my living room. I'm sure the people down stairs just loved that!

I agree with Eleanor. Take Bria out for some play time around 8 p.m. Let her get that puppy energy out so she's good and tired. Depending on how hot it was outside here, we'd either take Jersey out and run around with her (she'd zoomie around the yard out back for a good 15 minutes straight!) or have her play fetch with her toys in the living room while we watched TV. At that young age, it doesn't take long to tire them out. Once she's old enough to be out in the big bad world (ie: after she get's her last round of puppy shots) you can take her on longer walks and trips to the dog park (if you have one). Remember...A tired Beagle is a well behaved Beagle!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.