Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I was carving the pumpkins and both dogs came into the kitchen to investigate. They were laying on the floor behind me so I decided to toss a piece of pumpkin on the floor to see if they would eat it. They loved it! I feed them fruits and vegis all the time as snacks, what's wrong with pumpkin? I cut out chunks and they couldn't get enough of it. With this new knowledge I decided to put the carved pumpkins on top of the fridge were hungry puppies can't get them. Do your dogs eat pumpkins?

·
Registered
13 Posts
that's very cool to know... i like doing the "natural" thing when feeding also...and never thought of pumpkin...would be something different...

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Canned pumpkin (the plain stuff), canned green beans and canned carrots are all things I have given to Maggie from time to time. They are a great way to add fiber and you might even convince your dog that he/she is getting a special treat! Just don't overdo or you might have a constipated dog. We have had discussions here before about adding high fiber foods to help with anal gland problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts