Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Your PM mailbox is full. I'll post here what I tried to PM you.

Quote:I love it. You guys really did a nice facelift.

Just have to mention this, it's a quirky personal observation.

The earth globe in Murph's eye. Did you ever see the movie "The Gangs of New York"? About the Irish immigrants in NY in the 1800s? If you have, you'll remember The Butcher whose eye had a metallic eagle implanted in it. If you haven't seen the movie, this will be lost on you but sometimes when I look at Murph's global eye I think of the character in the movie.

*tiny shiver here...*

NOT complaining! Not complaining.
:)

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Sorry about the PM being full. Its empy now. I forgot even I have a PM limit.

Yes, I own the movie and know to what you are referring. Is it really that disturbing? We could always just put in Murphy sans "global eye".

·
Premium Member
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No No No! Don't remove it! I think it's very clever and I like it! It just made me think of what I mentioned. It is not disturbing. Perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned it.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
I'm glad you mentioned it, Beagsmom. I got a tiny shiver too when I saw it, but thought it was just me. But Joe and Dave, I'm not complaining--I love the new look!!

·
Registered
786 Posts
I can see where they are coming from, but I took it as here is a place where people from all over the world can talk or compare stories about their beagles.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

·
Premium Member
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pfr - agreed. Also, Beagle + the world = BeagleWorld. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
282 Posts
I too love the globe in the eye and love the new changes to the website. I recently visited after being away a bit and really like it and realized how much I have missed the stories and pictures from all of you guys/gals and Beag's.

I also see quite a resemblance in the beagle on the website and my Bailey, he has the black markings around his eyes and large white patch between his eyes...I think of my Baby each time I see it. :heart:

Great work!

·
Registered
862 Posts
Here's my interpretation: Looking at the world through a beagle's eyes.

I think the globe in Murphy's eye makes him look like a 'sage' beagle. I might be the only one here having this feeling, but sometimes when I look into my beagle's eyes I feel he knows a lot more than I think he does.

But anyway....I think it's very appropriate :thumbup: .

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
I love the new look as well, but I miss the manila file look for posts...especially the "flaming file" logo for "hot topics", (but that might be because I work a company that manufactures office furniture)! :biglaugh:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Please do not change! It is awesome!!!! It's the Beagle "WORLD" in his eye!!!!! And we are all in it!!!! Beth, Bill, Thelma and Louise

1 - 12 of 12 Posts