Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Your PM mailbox is full. I'll post here what I tried to PM you.

Quote:I love it. You guys really did a nice facelift.

Just have to mention this, it's a quirky personal observation.

The earth globe in Murph's eye. Did you ever see the movie "The Gangs of New York"? About the Irish immigrants in NY in the 1800s? If you have, you'll remember The Butcher whose eye had a metallic eagle implanted in it. If you haven't seen the movie, this will be lost on you but sometimes when I look at Murph's global eye I think of the character in the movie.

*tiny shiver here...*

NOT complaining! Not complaining.
:)

· Premium Member
1,194 Posts
I'm glad you mentioned it, Beagsmom. I got a tiny shiver too when I saw it, but thought it was just me. But Joe and Dave, I'm not complaining--I love the new look!!

· Registered
574 Posts
I can see where they are coming from, but I took it as here is a place where people from all over the world can talk or compare stories about their beagles.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

· Registered
46 Posts
I too love the globe in the eye and love the new changes to the website. I recently visited after being away a bit and really like it and realized how much I have missed the stories and pictures from all of you guys/gals and Beag's.

I also see quite a resemblance in the beagle on the website and my Bailey, he has the black markings around his eyes and large white patch between his eyes...I think of my Baby each time I see it. :heart:

Great work!

· Registered
651 Posts
Here's my interpretation: Looking at the world through a beagle's eyes.

I think the globe in Murphy's eye makes him look like a 'sage' beagle. I might be the only one here having this feeling, but sometimes when I look into my beagle's eyes I feel he knows a lot more than I think he does.

But anyway....I think it's very appropriate :thumbup: .

· Premium Member
906 Posts
I love the new look as well, but I miss the manila file look for posts...especially the "flaming file" logo for "hot topics", (but that might be because I work a company that manufactures office furniture)! :biglaugh:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.