Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Penny has had her first two obedience classes now! For those of you, who have heard me talk about Penny you know she's a really shy girl so not only did I want to get some manners out of this class but also some socialization for her. The first class went not so good. She was scared (not that I blame her) and didn't want to take any treats (she's a very picky eater and we've only found two kinds of treats that she likes.) First class they taught how to walk on a loose lead, sit, lay down, and stand. The loose lead part she could do but she didn't like walking in a circle with other dogs behind her, sitting she got, and the others she could care less about. The second class, however, she did GREAT! She still was timid about going in the door but once she did she went up to each dog to say hi, we learned how to heel and halt then sit, and are learning to stay. This time I fed her in the morning and didn't feed her before class so she was interested in her treats during class. Anyway, I was really excited that she was so much better with both people and dogs this week. I think the classes are really helping with her socialization! Sorry, I had to brag on the baby for a bit /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
134 Posts
Great going Penny /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif She's a smart girl and hopefully the classes will help bring her out of her shell a bit more /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I know how she feels...I'm not good in crowds either /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts