Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=12896360

Maggie 09-0100 actually walked up to Animal Control, pushed the door open and checked herself into Animal Control. Since it was Saturday and no one was looking, we gave her some food and water and put her back out on the front porch thinking she might could find her way home. An hour later, she pushed the door back open, and came crawling back through the front door. She then found the couch and there she stays. We didn't have the heart to put her in back in a kennel. Maggie is a very scared and very submissive little dog. She also appears to possibly be pregnant although not too near her due date. She is a beautiful little girl and as sweet as they come. She is too timid to make a good hunting dog and that is probably why she has been abandoned. Maggie is a very small sized Beagle with beautiful markings. She needs rescue ASAP because this high kill shelter is very crowded. Her 5 day hold period is up on Wednesday.

Suzanne - Volunteer
[email protected]

Chattooga County Animal Control
[email protected]
464 Red Oak Road Summerville, GA 30747
706-857-0679 FAX 706-857-0676
Felicia D. Walker - ACO
Selena Powell - Office Manager/Secretary
Hours: Mon., Tues., Thurs., Fri. 10 - 5 Other hours by appointment.
http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/GA316.html

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
She is beautiful and I do believe they are right about her being pregnant. I wish UT wasn't so far away from GA and I wish that I would be allowed more dogs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was just notified that Maggie was reclaimed by her owner. I hope this little girl and her babies are going to be OK.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I think it is sad that she was away from home, but glad all turned out okay in the end. Hopefully the owners will learn from their mistakes and keep better tabs on their pet in the future. Poor thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.