Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Old age is starting to get the best of my cat, Fuzz. He is 16 1/2 years old and up until a few weeks ago, he was acting like a young man. Now, he is in the grips of congestive heart failure. This morning I could hear him breathing, which isn't good. He also isn't eating much, so I moved his food to a place where he could easily get at it and not have to jump.

I've been spending a lot of my time lately petting him and laying on the floor with him (he's hiding under the bed). I'm hoping he goes peacefully, because getting him to the vet will be devastating for him.

Please keep him in your prayers.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I'm so sorry that Fuzzy's not doing well. Having so recently lost Miss Priss, I know how difficult this is for you.
Will send up prayers for Fuzzy and you.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, after much thought and discussion with a vet, I decided it be best if Fuzz was aided in his trip to the Bridge. I can't stand to see him like this. He is such a little guy and with not eating or drinking, he is becoming emaciated fast. And, his breathing isn't getting any better. So, I made an appointment for Friday morning at 11:20.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I know you feel awful, but you are doing the right thing for Fuzz. He has been a family member all these years and now he is depending on you. Just remember Friday morning, you might not see us, but we are silently there for you and the Fuzz meister. Peace to all.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, Fuzz is now at the bridge with his kitty friends Buddy and Smuckers. He was a fighter about it. I have to say, I've never had to put a pet down before and this was hard, but I know he is no longer suffering. I found an older pic of him from about 10 years ago that I will post.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes and prayers. It helped me get through this today. I felt everyone around me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts