Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know 'Beth' TXBeagleMom hasn't posted in quite some time. Happy Honey, also from Texas, hasn't been posting either. I don't know how Happy Honey is doing, but I have kept in touch with Beth.

Beth is sitting tight and watching the river rise. She had lost power at one point. I have other Texas friends as well. All have dogs. Some have horses and/or other livestock. The decision to stay or go is not an easy one.

Please pray for the safety of our Texas friends and their furry family members.

·
Super Moderator
5,086 Posts
It is beyond horrifying. I feel so bad for the residents, their pets and the countless volunteers that are doing what they can. Thank you for the update.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have not heard from Beth, since August 29th. Listened to the news today and heard her area mentioned. It's not good, as the river continues to rise.

Please keep Beth, her beags - Marlely & Horton, and all of Texas in your prayers.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I reached out to Beth and, thankfully, she was able to respond. I copied her post...

"We are still dry. Just waiting for the river to crest. It's quite nerve wracking."

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Like the astronauts said during one mission: Huston, we have a problem.
Only it's ALL of Huston now! :eek:
It looks like on the news that citizens are stepping up and rowing people and pets to safely. I just hope they can get to everyone!
techie

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Like the astronauts said during one mission: Huston, we have a problem.
Only it's ALL of Huston now! :eek:
It looks like on the news that citizens are stepping up and rowing people and pets to safely. I just hope they can get to everyone!
techie
There are some very good people in this world. Sometimes, I think bad things like this happen, just to give us an opportunity to pitch in and help each other. It reminds us why we are here.

·
Super Moderator
5,086 Posts
I am so glad she is okay!

It breaks my heart thinking about all those people and animals. I can't even imagine what they are going thru. Thank goodness for the kindness of so many people.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have seen so many FB posts of people saving people, people saving pets, and people saving livestock. Today, I saw my first 'people saving wildlife'. It is a good feeling to know that so many care and are doing everything they can to help.

·
Super Moderator
5,086 Posts
There are way more good citizens in the US than bad, the media just always shows the bad. Even local heroes every day.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I totally agree, Cheryl. And that is a real shame.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts