Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Y'all must get tired of me asking for prayer for my horse. I'm kinda getting tired of asking. I don't know why she has to be so accident prone.

Today is Eve's 27th birthday. We got a picture this morning with the text, "Eve has a puncture wound." It is the same bad leg - the one with the scar and lymphatic system issue. Please pray that Eve heals without any complications.

Here is a video from 10 years ago. My daughter made it on Eve's 'gotcha day.' Sadly, yes, she was accident prone back then too. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, Cheryl. I hope so too.

Both my girls are at the KY 3 day event, FKA Rolex. That means I get to take care of Eve all by myself. Going to do my best.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Sorry to hear problems continue with your horse. Sending good thoughts for a speedy, uncomplicated recovery.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.

Vet was out today. No IV antibiotics this time. The puncture wound is not near a joint, so hopefully will not cause a lot of problems. Eve gets medicine syringed into the puncture and oral antibiotics. I spent a good chunk of the day grinding up pills in the magic bullet. She gets 14 pills twice a day. Getting them into her is a challenge.

All in all, I am happy that I got mostly good news today. We will continue to take good care of our old girl. I will keep ya posted.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just an update. Eve is doing well. Still on stall rest, but the wound never got infected. Hopefully, she'll be able to go outside soon. As I noted, she is an old horse - an old horse who is too smart for her own good. She likes to push my buttons. It's all a game to her. I would say she lacked spacial awareness, but she knows exactly where I am. She lifts her head over mine, but not far enough to clear my head. She lifts it far enough to wipe her mouth in my hair. I'm pretty sure she is laughing.

·
Registered
390 Posts
she is an old horse - an old horse who is too smart for her own good. She likes to push my buttons. It's all a game to her. I would say she lacked spacial awareness, but she knows exactly where I am. She lifts her head over mine, but not far enough to clear my head. She lifts it far enough to wipe her mouth in my hair. I'm pretty sure she is laughing.
She must be part Beagle.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts