Our Beagle World Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Honestly techie, I know nothing about drains in wounds. The wound is healing and not as deep as it was. I would guess a drain wasn't necessary at this point. The vet never said anything about it. I guess we could ask Cassie. lol!

BTW, my vet bill was $600.00 plus another $300.00 for her Cushings meds. OUCH!

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Honestly techie, I know nothing about drains in wounds. The wound is healing and not as deep as it was. I would guess a drain wasn't necessary at this point. The vet never said anything about it. I guess we could ask Cassie. lol!

BTW, my vet bill was $600.00 plus another $300.00 for her Cushings meds. OUCH!
LOL, I was going to put in my 2 cents then thought naaa, BUT since you asked... if there was an incision made to open an area then a drain would probably have been used. This was a tear that left a piece of loose skin (if I understand what happened). The idea is to get the tear/flap to adhere or sluff while the wound heals. It needs to be covered so a scab doesn't form which prevents proper healing.
Ok Jan, I'm sending you a bill for a professional opinion ...heehee

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
LOL, I was going to put in my 2 cents then thought naaa, BUT since you asked... if there was an incision made to open an area then a drain would probably have been used. This was a tear that left a piece of loose skin (if I understand what happened). The idea is to get the tear/flap to adhere or sluff while the wound heals. It needs to be covered so a scab doesn't form which prevents proper healing.
Ok Jan, I'm sending you a bill for a professional opinion ...heehee
Thank you, Joann! I appreciate your explanation very much. Yes, it is a tear, not an incision. Sounds like you understand the situation completely.

Go ahead and send the bill. I'll put it in the pile. Good grief you medical people are costing me a fortune. lol!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Wow! Why are you still snowed in?! We had 13 inches the other day and it was cleared by morning. Maybe you could make some money shoveling snow. :) Seriously though that is sad and the bills just keep a comin :( Hope your horse mends quickly.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Wow! Why are you still snowed in?! We had 13 inches the other day and it was cleared by morning. Maybe you could make some money shoveling snow.
Seriously though that is sad and the bills just keep a comin
Hope your horse mends quickly.
Come to California, it's going to be 80° next week... we did have 8 inches of snow in our local mountains a few days ago.....

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Wow! Why are you still snowed in?! We had 13 inches the other day and it was cleared by morning. Maybe you could make some money shoveling snow. :) Seriously though that is sad and the bills just keep a comin :( Hope your horse mends quickly.
My son makes money shoveling snow. But - he has learned a lesson about taking jobs after blizzards. Says, "no thanks!" lol! He made $100 on one house, but he earned every penny.

I think blizzards require neighborly teamwork. We shoveled ourselves out. The 5 of us have 4 vehicles, so we have to shovel those out. We helped shovel out two neighbors. They are both single ladies and it is just too much work for one person. (Especially when ya get a little age on ya,) HA!

Oh, the reasons we were snowed in....

1. Maryland stinks at snow removal
2. Lots and lots of side streets to clear. (Lucky me, to live on a side street.)
3. 30 inches of snow was too much for the plows. They needed to bring in bobcats to clear the snow, in front of the plows.

Good times. GOOOOOOD times! Not so much.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I was just giving you a hard time. My husbands family is in Philadelphia, they are the same way when they get snow. Hopefully no more big storms come your way.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I was just giving you a hard time. My husbands family is in Philadelphia, they are the same way when they get snow. Hopefully no more big storms come your way.
Oh no! Not at all. I was giving my county politicians a hard time. Why hasn't my street been plowed? One of my neighbor's called the county. Know what they said? "We didn't know your street was in the county." Seriously? Funny how they manage to find us at tax time. lol!

SIGH! What ya gonna do?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I still haven't used my five foot wide snowblower. It's just sad

21 - 33 of 33 Posts