Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of y'all might remember kutyuska and her dog Ace. She doesn't post anymore, but I am FB friends with her. Ace is getting older and having, what sounds like, serious health issues. Many tests have been done, but the results are not in yet.

Like most of us, she adores her beagle. Please pray for her and for Ace. I will keep you posted, when I have details.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It really is. I will pass on your good wishes.

Hearing from too many friends having health issues with their fur babies. Hurts my heart.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ace's Mom is still waiting for his test results. He had an MRI and CT. The vet said the results would be in, in 2-3 days. That was Sunday. Today is Friday. When Judith called the vet, he was a jerk. Basically told her she would get the results when they were ready - maybe tomorrow. Meanwhile, she is stressed out of her mind.

(This is NOT her regular vet.) This was the vet she was referred to for the testing. Please pray for Judith and Ace. I know I'd be crazy, waiting a week for test results for my dog.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Time to see a different vet?
Her regular vet referred her to this one, because this one has the equipment to perform the tests. I think, at this point, she just wants the results. I am sure she will have some choice words for him, when it's all said and done.

I'll keep y'all posted.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ace has a thyroid tumor. It is malignant. Judith has some difficult decisions to make.

Please continue to keep Ace and Judith in your prayers.

·
Registered
917 Posts
:( that's heartbreaking

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sharing an update from Judith....

Ace update :
Talked to a vet today from the university .
He says Ace needs a surgery ASAP to take the tumor off and histology from it before the cancer will spread to the lungs . On Monday I’ll talk to the professor , a great surgeon . I just hope he has time for us soon enough.
This stress is not for me .
I feel I’m getting sick. I try to distract myself but my mind just says : what if? What if?

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh no! I feel so bad for them, it's such a hard time for beagle parents with tough decisions to make.
It absolutely is, Cheryl. I'm taking my shepherd to the vet Wednesday to get a small growth checked out. Hope it's nothing to worry about.

Even those small pets are stressful. I have an 11 year old lop rabbit. Yesterday, he was lying in his cage (which is actually a bunny abode condo - spoiled life). He was at an odd angle and not moving. He looked stiff. I said, "Oh my God, Oreo!" And the danged rabbit roused himself. I opened the cage, scooped him up and kissed all over his little face. My other rabbit died in March and now I'm just paranoid.

Sometimes, I wonder why we do this to ourselves. We give our hearts to our pets and they never live long enough. But - I can't imagine living without having pets, ever.

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Even little things worry us. Cassie's left eye had thick buggie drainage and a little blood shot. I think she may have irritated it. I had to corral her to clean it. Next week she goes for a Bordatella and I'm going to have the vet check a tiny black mole over her eye. At first i freaked thinking it was a tick but I think not.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts