Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 years ago I rescued a beagle. I had always wanted one and when my best friends' aunt and uncle got one for there daughters, I was happy. They said I could come over whenever because I lived a few blocks from them. I had come over alot and Snickers(the dog) had grown a separation anextiy towards me because what I didnt know was every time I left the dog would bark and the uncle would beat him. The dog was in a crate to small for him all day until I came over and let him out. Finally when Snickers was 7 months old they said the dog loved me more than he loved them and I can have him for free. After convincing my parents we brought him home. When we brought him home he would randomly yelp in pain so we took him to the vet thinking the beatings had done something to him inside. Turns out he has the largest hookworm infestation my vet had ever seen. I raised up 200 dollars just to pay for everything. Which was important to me because I was only 13 at the time. Now I am 15 :)
Snickers is my life. I cannot explain to anyone how much this dog means to me. Hes really sick now. Today he had a seizure. It lasted 3 minutes and the vet said if it lasted anymore he'd be dead. The vet said hes been having them for awhile but nobody noticed because they happened while we sleep. He has a lesion on his brain that causes him to seize. He has to be on medication for the rest of his life because he is now totally depended on the pills If I forget to give them to him he can seize and die. He has to get an MRI done and it costs 1,500 dollars. My mom is worried we wont be able to afford it. His vet bill today was 600 and he has to go in next month and then from then every 6 months. Everyone just pray. Please. This dog is my world. Hes my best friend, When all my other friends left me because I moved 3 times he was always there. If he dies I dont know what my life will be anymore. Just pray that he gets through this. That I have enough sense in my head to do whats best for him.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm so sorry that you are going through such a traumatic time in your life at such a young age. Even more sorry that your best friend is suffering so much. As a child I suffered from seizures so I know what Snickers is going through even though he's a dog. I pray that he pulls through makes a great turn around in his health. I know no matter what decision your family and you make Snickers is lucky to have you in his life.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
5,050 Posts
I am so sorry that your baby is sick. Believe me that we all understand what he means to you. I don't know much about seizures in dogs. I think you will have to trust in your vet and explain your financial situation to him.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts