Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My little Dixie Belle is 9 weeks old a her back legs are uncoordinated and a little wobbly occasionally. It seems other than that she is perfectly normal and healthy. The vet was very concerned though that there may be something wrong with her - a variety of possibilities. He can tend to overreact, so we are praying that it is nothing. We all love her so much and want her to have the happiest longest life possible. We appreciate your prayers!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Prayers are coming. If your vet gives you bad news, or scares you , would you be willing to get a second opinion...like you said he tends to over react...it would be worth it.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
keep us posted, prayers for pup.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good news

Well, we saw our other vet today, and got a much better outlook on things. :dance: She thinks Dixie most likely has displacia (sp?) or something else skeletal. I was so worried it was neurological or her liver but the vet feels like she is showing no other symptoms of either of these, so we are feeling very relieved at this point. So we watch and probably xray when she is spayed then see if surgery is necessary. But I can deal with this. Thank you all for your prayers.:hyper:

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
great.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Buddy has paws crossed for Dixie! Does she just wobble around or full on trip and faceplant. The latter is what Buddy does, but I'm beginning to suspect Hydrocephalus :/ Hopefully Dixie will outgrow hers, as she is only 9 weeks ^_^ Good Luck, pup! 4 paws up!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts