1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sadie has been licking herself allot.
(Yeah, there.
)
One of the vets we see says she has irritation due to trapped moisture, and gave me an estimate for vulvaplasty.

<span style="font-weight: bold">COME ON!!!</span>

How about, we just make it a point to wipe her when we see her go?
Anyone know of something we can powder her with that will help, but not hurt her if she ingests it. Corn starch, maybe.

Thanks

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I would suggest baby wipes after every urination and then, after air-dried, a light application of diaper rash cream. I used to use Dr. Smith's Diaper Rash Cream on Mags but I think it has been discontinued. Any diaper rash cream should be fine.

·
Registered
472 Posts
My parents have a Dachshund with the same problem. They use wipes and have a spray for her when the irritaion is a little too much.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.
Of course… baby wipes.

Quote:Thankfully, I haven't had that problem with my girls, but I certainly learned about a new procedure from your post.
Um, yeah… He even took out his pen and drew me a picture.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Wow. I never knew there were problems like that, but it does make sense. I just went on the internet and looked up some information on vulvaplasty. Your idea for the wet wipes may work temporarily but from some of what I read it says it is only a temporary fix. It also says the surgery is around $1000 so that hurts the old pocketbook, but so would frequent rounds of vet visits and antibiotics so you will have to weigh out the pros and cons I guess. Either way... I hope she can be kept comfortable until a decision is made. I hate UTIs and I'm sure our canine friends don't like them much more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.