Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there fellow beagle owners... My beagle is 1 yr old by next month. We love him like anything but unable to correct him from peeing inside house and also doing potty particularly in his resting place. We frequently take him out like 5 to 6 times in daytime and a short 10min walk before going to bed. We are cluless how to correct him... Any suggestions...

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
How are you cleaning the house? I would get an enzyme cleaner to try to really get rid of the smells. It may be that he smells where he's gone in the house and so thinks it's a place to pee.

When you take him out (and it sounds like you're doing a great job with frequency), does he pee outside? If he does, throw a party - great job bud!!!!! whoo! - that sort of thing.

Reactions: Google's mom

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How are you cleaning the house? I would get an enzyme cleaner to try to really get rid of the smells. It may be that he smells where he's gone in the house and so thinks it's a place to pee.

When you take him out (and it sounds like you're doing a great job with frequency), does he pee outside? If he does, throw a party - great job bud!!!!! whoo! - that sort of thing.
Thank for replying:) QUOTE="Nebuchadnezzar, post: 885203, member: 215065"] I clean the house with Domex floor cleaner prescribed by vet. Since he is allergic to certain chemicals. Yes when we take out he pees.. And we reward him immediately... Then too at times he pees on the wall corners, sofa, at times on us too. I shall try with enzyme cleaner....

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
It sounds like you're doing a lot of the stuff right.

Other than the enzyme cleaner, another thought is to tether him to you with a leash for awhile, and when he shows signs of wanting to pee, hustle him out the door.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts