Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-sigh- Blu is 4.5 months and has accidents in his crate. I just don't know what to do about it. Pees on blankets, towls, tears up the puppy pads, but, if we dont put something in there to soak it up, when we go to let him out, he freaks and pee goes EVERYWHERE!!! And he doesn't follow the poop/pee where they lie. I have to bath him SO much. He developed a skin infection because he lays in his urin so much, so I have to bathe him 2 times a week with special shampoo, because he started losing his hair. Vet thought he had demodectic it was so bad. He still pees and poops in the crate too. I don't know what to do about it. And trust me, he gets praised outside, I keep an eye on him enough that I always catch him in the action and discipline him and take him outside to finish. Funny thing is too, he will walk around whole yard, not pee, but walk to the front door and pee in front of it. He wants to be inside. He HATES being outside. I tried puppy pads/newspaper even though I hate that because I think it teaches them to use it inside, but omg what to do? It's driving me nuts! Blu is 4.5 months old and is 35 pounds. He is a weimaraner/Aussie mix, he is a BIG clumsy dog. -sigh-

I just know, that he can hold it, it's like, he gets SO OMG FREAKING EXCITED, that he just can't hold it anymore. Sometimes when he does good, we open the crate and RUN straight for the door in which he follows. He has to sit at the door in order to go out, because he has a bad jumping habit. He sits, then when I open door he stands and runs out, peeing all over the floor, porch and then he realizes I am not yet behind him, and turns around, and jumps up on the door, scratching it, peeing at the door.....-pulls hait out*

·
Registered
325 Posts
Male Dog Peeing

Have you tried a Belly Band? I have all females, but my friend has a male Westie who has to use a Belly Band and it works beautifully. You can make them yourself or buy them online for a good price. Just use a women's sanitary pad as a liner. Good Luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts