Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my pup is about a year and a half. She got very good at being potty trained. Only had an accident once or twice a month. I had two new roommates and a new dog move in with us in August. Ever since then she has been the worst. Not so much with urinating but a big issue with pooping in the house. She does this about 4-5 times a week.

Not sure why this has become an issue. We will take her out and walk her, get home, and literally 5 minutes after being home she will poop. Any suggestions for fixing this.

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Are the other dogs pooping in the house at all?? Does she seemed stressed? And final question - are the dogs playing really hard together? If they are running and playing, then she might have to poop. Molly and Andy generally have to go poo or pee after a lot of running or playing.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Evan had the EXACT same issue with our dogs. His roommate brought her neurotic mini pinscher, and now they're pooping and peeing all over the place. It's insane.

I noticed that her dog had a lot of accidents when she first moved in, but I think he's better now. Out of excitement, her dog would pee on the carpet. I think she would let our two out and not pay attention to the three dogs while they were playing, so they would have accidents that she didn't deal with promptly. That produced a problem that has only exacerbated because now the carpet smells like the perfect toilet for a beagle. I would suggest shampooing the carpet at least. That would really help with the problem, if yours is similar to my boyfriend's.

Here at my house, I have wood laminate floors. The puppies rarely have accidents, and only when I'm not paying attention to them. I've learned that water and vinegar is probably the best, cheapest way to clean up after a dog has an accident.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally Posted By: Mollys MomAre the other dogs pooping in the house at all?? Does she seemed stressed? And final question - are the dogs playing really hard together? If they are running and playing, then she might have to poop. Molly and Andy generally have to go poo or pee after a lot of running or playing.
No the other dog had alot of marking his territory when he first moved in but he hasn't had an accident since late august. My dog doesn't appear to be stressed and shes always sprinting around the house. But she never had the pooping issue in the past with the other dogs and her constantly sprinting.

The dog that's here now with her, she doesn't really play with. He's an older dog that likes to chill and relax.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally Posted By: Quinn&Grayson
I noticed that her dog had a lot of accidents when she first moved in, but I think he's better now. Out of excitement, her dog would pee on the carpet. I think she would let our two out and not pay attention to the three dogs while they were playing, so they would have accidents that she didn't deal with promptly. That produced a problem that has only exacerbated because now the carpet smells like the perfect toilet for a beagle. I would suggest shampooing the carpet at least. That would really help with the problem, if yours is similar to my boyfriend's.
When clean the carpet alot. Its a college house so we spill stuff all the time and clean the carpet with spray, scrub and vacuum a few times a week and shampoo probably once a month.

My best explanation is that her schedule got messed up when everyone moved back in. Her eating schedule is slightly different now. But she does seem to poop more often. In the past it was once in the morning, once after dinner, and once before bed. Now she still does that but fits once more on our carpet somewhere in the day lol.

My roomates and the other dog are gone for the weekend. I am going to use this time to see how she is and if the problem really is the fact that the other dog was in the house. Glad to see I am not the only one with this issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts