Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am in need of help, I own a male beagle of 5 months old. I’m currently keeping him in a play pent with a pee tray that has walls seeing as how a male dog pees I figured it was logical to get the pee tray with the walls.

When I first bought him home at 3 months and 1 week we kept him in the cage with a normal pee tray, we fed him there and let him out to play every few hours. He pees and shit in the cage, and he pee against the grills of the cage which result in peeing outside of the cage. Recently we bought a big play pent and hoped he would know where to sleep and where to do his business but apparently he’s peeing everywhere in the play pent (against the grilling) 😭

Could use some advice on how to potty train him 😭😭😭😭

Best regards
Jon (Singapore)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
You're going to have to do that WAY more. I have a puppy and live in an apartment too, it can be done.

Potty training 101 - take out every hour, after eating, withhold water a few hours before bed. You're never going to housebreak your puppy if you don't take them outside. Even my adult dogs go out 3-4 times a day.

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
I totally agree with Neb.. your dog doesn't understand he shouldn't pee/poop in the pen. That is going to delay learning for many months. Puppy in an apartment is definitely a challenge. Do you have a balcony to go out on? Crate your dog and take him out every couple hours for his biz. An older dog may have been better suited for an apartment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I totally agree with Neb.. your dog doesn't understand he shouldn't pee/poop in the pen. That is going to delay learning for many months. Puppy in an apartment is definitely a challenge. Do you have a balcony to go out on? Crate your dog and take him out every couple hours for his biz. An older dog may have been better suited for an apartment.
[/QUOTE

He pee inside his own crate as well :(

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
Either go to Amazon or google.. Doggiebathroom. Looks like it costs $189.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.