Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted awhile back about our dog Maybelle, I'm about at my wits end with her peeing and pooping in the house. She has a spot on the carpet that she goes to daily to pee. I try to put her in her crate if I can't watch her but this time my kids walked her and let her in and she peed. I have gone through bottles of enzyme cleaner on our carpets. I may have to build a kennel and put her outside during the day because I can't handle the peeing anymore. We have had her for a year and keeps getting worse - accidents are daily or twice daily. She doesn't get punished for accidents, we have started clicker training with pottying to no avail...

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
I dont recall how old your dog is but my dog wasn't "reliable " until 10 months plus+. If you have a room such as a kitchen with tile thats where i would keep her..not on carpet. I created a penned area in my tiled dinning room until she earned more freedom. Dont give up on clicker training it will work. Dont believe all those..."i can potty train your dog in 1 week" training myths.. i dont know if beagles are slower at getting this but i too was frustrated..

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Has she been tested for an UTI? That's where I'd start.

Otherwise, back to basics - take her out every 30-60 minutes, after eating, after drinking. Can you block off that spot on the carpet?

I know it's a pain to go through this...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont recall how old your dog is but my dog wasn't "reliable " until 10 months plus+. If you have a room such as a kitchen with tile thats where i would keep her..not on carpet. I created a penned area in my tiled dinning room until she earned more freedom. Dont give up on clicker training it will work. Dont believe all those..."i can potty train your dog in 1 week" training myths.. i dont know if beagles are slower at getting this but i too was frustrated..
We have had her for a year (she is 2) and she has had periods where I think she's good and she goes again in the house. Lately it has been worse and consistently everyday.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Both my beagles were about 14 months before I would say they were reliably going out. Beagles are definitely slower to learn. If she is going everyday, have you changed her diet or is she on medication? Has something changed that you can pinpoint?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts