Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question,
I never saw any other dogs do this, but when Mizu goes out to pee he always has his toy in his mouth. Does anyone else's bealge do this ?
He looks so cute doing it. I take him out, he squats and pees. Sometimes he looks around to see if anyone else is watching. The get right up and off we go back inside. He never lets go of his toy until we get inside. He never does this after breakfast or dinner time either cause he has poop right after meals. It's only those in between potty breaks that he does this.

Oh and another question. Mizu is a male beagle and still squats to pee. He tries to sniff poles and trees but I stear him the other way. When do they start lifting their leg to pee ? Or do they not do this after being neutered /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
The Bagel has never taken any of his stuffed toys outside.

The Bagel was between 3 and 5 years old when I bailed him out of jail. First thing I did was neuter him but 9 and 1/2 years later, he still is "Sir Marks Alot" Most male dogs learn from watching other male dogs. It isn't a big deal, one day he will just do it!

·
Registered
147 Posts
homer doesn't take his toys outside but many times he will sniff around and find a stick or rock to hold in his mouth before he's goes potty and then just drops it in the driveway when he;s done-he's such a weirdo!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Our late beagle, Spotty would take out her pet rat (toy), when she had a false pregnancy! It went everywhere with her and caused many a smile.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My Belle is a girl beagle so I can't answer you're squatting question specifically for beagles. However, I volunteer at a rescue shelter, and have noticed that many of the male dogs squat. I think it's more a matter of taste. As long as your dog is going, I wouldn't be too concerned.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I am not sure how old Mizu is, but my other dog (Weimaraner mix) started lifting his leg for pee when he was almost 1 year old. Also, he still squats when not peeing on a pole/tree/etc.

I wouldn't be too worried about it, as been said before, as long as he goes....

·
Registered
324 Posts
Think age varies a lot . Think Shiloh was about 11-12 months. But still squats if now near a pole, car tire,tree,etc. He has even peed on a few people,too ! :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
oh yes, it took Charlie almost a year to learn that he needs to lift up his leg. :biglaugh:
Now, sometimes he trips over cause he lift it too high!
And he gets confuse of poop and pee, he lifted up his leg and poop instead, he is 1 year 7 months old.
Mizu is still young, he'll learn. As for the toy, yup he is still young, thinking someone might take over his toy. I found Charlie's greenie among the rose bushes, he was trying to hide it. The thorns will get who ever tries to get it. :hi:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Our Miss Molly tries to sneak out a bone or one of her dry milkbone treats. But then she always tries to bury them outside as well. As for toys, haven't seen her do that yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts