Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There may a system outage for Beagle World. Dave has been planning on adding some new things and it caused some other things to change, much sooner than he planned. This is out of our control. He is currently trying to get home to hopefully move BW to another server so that the outage does not affect us. If he can't and the outage does affect, we may be down for up to three days. Please understand and be patient.

Thanks.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can feel that withdrawal coming on now ... seriously, you and Dave do such a super job running our forum, that we will bear with an outage as long as we can look forward to being back up again!

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
Tuesday Afternoon between 3PM and 5PM we will push the new net block into the gateway and reassign the server IP addresses. This and every service on my entire network will be down for an undetermined amount of time. I will be on the phone with the provider during the push into the gateway and as soon as he can ping my name servers we will manually reconfigure the web servers and sites IP Addresses.

Here is what is happening and I hope I can make this easy to understand. When we changed over into the network into my home location I had setup static IP addresses and migrated the sites onto two servers, one of them carrying the DNS resolutions. I had not expected that when I made the final migration to the additions of the net block that I would have to drop the temporary IP Configurations before the final net block could be installed. I had purchased the equipment necessary to carry multiple net blocks as so I would be able to change everything without notice to anyone. My provider did not include the information that my gateway is a single block unit not allowing for multiple operations.

I was required to fill out a form to be submitted to the ICAN Registry explaining what I needed static IP Addresses / Net Block for and did not have enough time at the beginning for the migration to here and wait for the necessary paperwork to pass before I was to loose the old server location in Florida.

If in the future we add more IP Addresses or change net blocks I will be able to run multiple net blocks through multiple providers allowing for cross service during changes or transfers. I do expect to out grow this net block in about a year.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do what you have to do. It's nice for me that the outage will happen at a time when we'll be out of town, and I'll be away from the computer. :hi:

Hopefully, when I get back everything will be up and running. As others have said, we really appreciate the work you do to give us this great forum. :thumbup:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As much as I'll miss spending my afternoon here , maybe this means that I'll actually get some work done around the house tomorrow. :rolleye11: Thanks again Dave for everything you go through to make sure we all have a place to talk about our furbabies!

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
I've been having a great deal of trouble accessing the site. Since yesterday evening I haven't been able to pull up the site, at all, until now.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had some problems too /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif , but now it seems okay... hopefully!!

Thanks for the great job though /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Hey, Dave, glad you were able to do whatever it was you did in a shorter time than anticipated and here we are, one big happy family again! :hapfac01:

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
We changed net blocks requiring new IP Addresses and allocations on the servers. If you were not able to get in then all of a sudden you got in it was probably after you rebooted your computer. Then you got in with no problems. This is because you dumped your DNS running on your system and your computer picked up the new IP Addresses set in our DNS server. They were set on a 72-hour recycle.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
It has been on and off, and today I have a hard time with my computer period! Not even Yahoo!
Don't know why every time my husband shows up, a magic touch, and it is all well. He said maybe the power affected it, just to make me feel better.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts