Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went to our montly Beagle Meetup today - over 30 beagles running around and baying... it was awesome! Unfortunately we don't seem to get out every month, but we always seem to have a good time when we make it. Marc also fell head-over-heels in love with an 11 week old rescue that was there and we ALMOST came back with four beagles (it was a narrow escape)!!

The problem is Popcorn, though. At the first Meetup we took her to, a couple of months after we adopted her in September 2005, she was absolutely in her element and was actually running around the field leading a pack of hounds in full voice... it was wonderful to see especially as at that time she was still a shivering bundle of nerves every other time she went outside.

For some reason, though, her confidence at the Meetups has gone completely backwards ever since that first time, to the point now where she basically stays at our feet or if, heaven forbid, we get separated she almost goes into a blind panic searching for us until we are reunited. No running around with the other beagles, or even playing with them.

I'm just at a loss as to what to do - she is making progress in everything else, slowly but surely, but in this situation she is definitely going backwards. I so want her to recapture that feeling of joyful abandon she had at her first Meetup, but can't figure out what has changed and why she is like this now.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
I wish I had the answer for you, but Popcorn's story breaks my heart.
What we wouldn't give to KNOW what goes on inside their sweet little heads! :heart:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts