1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after 3 weeks of unlimited access to the
couch while my broken ankle mended, (I actually
broke my ankle on 17 December, but thought it was
a bad sprain)! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif I returned to work yesterday
to the "dismay of Goober"! (He was soo compfort-
able on the couch) that he growled (under his
breath) twice at me as I coaxed him to get behind
the "dog wall"! Goober is getting very close to
being a 16 yr old seniour beag...but he is also
simmilar to a pre-teen human @ this point in his
life! :evilgrin: Homer-The-Huge, on the other hand
is now the guard dog for my household & guardian
of Goober when the "bi-peds are gone"! "Goober is
soo retired now", that Homer has even taken-up the
job of "pestering me" for their supper after I
have had my supper! :thumbup:

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Oh poor Goober! You should check freecycle to see if someone has an old couch they're trying to give away, just for him :lol2:

How old is Homer?

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Funny I said the same thing today. Charlie is obsess with the couch which he chewed 4 holes in total, shhhhhh, daddy doesn't know yet. Tried very hard to set it as a off limit, but he refused to give the couch up. Everytime when our heads turned around, he's up there! It is ok if he promise not to chew another hole. :rolleyes: yeah right! Goober has earned his right on the couch I guess, just as Marlin did in his later years, provided he does not destroy like Charlie.
And Jamie, this is THE couch, had marked it already, none other can take place. :lol2:
It is perfectly fine spoiling Goober! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif But a new couch for yourself.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BB, "Homer-the-Huge" is nearly 6 yrs old as he was
the stray puppy that looked like a beag-mix hound
but turned out to be more like a Walker hound/
Greyhound mix! He is HUGE by beagle standards, but
loves his elder mentor! Homer was adpoted in august of 2002 when Goober was over 10 yrs old &
barely started to show his age! Also, Homer was one of 8 pup's that were abandoned along with his
mum in a Post Falls horse pasture. All of them found good homes & Homer was the last to be adopted of the group! (Homer is at least 80lbs in
weight, but thinks he is a "lap-dog" sometimes)!
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Oh wow! Bless you for taking him in, sounds like he's been a great, albeit big, addition to your pack /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I agree that Goober (and Homer) should have their own couch! Bet they'll miss their dad when he goes back to work! I had one of those "90 lb lap dogs", my beautiful Honey, Lab/Shepherd cross, was sure she was a lap dog! I miss her.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
My Annie (Lab/Pit/Dalmation/Chow mix [we think]) was about half the weight of Homer, but she still had a facination with the couch. She 'claimed' a second-hand set we got (it was leather) and slept on that more often than anything. She refused to move for anyone. Once she even curled up next to me, and she was not a cuddler.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
As I've said before, our pack isn't allowed on the couch in the house (except for Priss who sleeps any darned place she pleases), but they jockey for position on the couch in the workshop. It's funny to watch.

When Traveler was a little guy (relatively speaking), I'd let him sit on my lap. Now, he's close to 50 lbs., and doesn't understand why he's outgrown me lap. :eyes:

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Go on Goober, you take over that couch NR wont mind. It is fantastic that Goober is such a fit old fellow, and obviously has a great home.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts