Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hunter is completly over his parvo experence, He gained all his weight back and is eatng and drinking like normal. The problem now is he had an infection in his front leg his side and half his chest which turned into abcesses well the abcesses started popping open he now has no skin on his leg half his chest and half his side it is bare meat. the vet said his skin is too weak to staple or stitch so we have to let it heal on its own. I have to keep a shirt on him at all times and keep meds on it. the good news is there is no sign of infection, no fever, no swelling, no stink, and it is staying very clean so the infecton is gone it is just letting it heal now. he is being a tropper tho. He screams if anyone touches it but he still gets around very well. I just wanted to pop in to update and I will update more as we go. I cant wat until Hunter is 100% recovered, he will have a huge amount of scars but I will gladly take those to have a happy healthy pup again.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Oh, poor little guy, he's had such a rough time!
Sounds like you're doing everything right. Sending prayers and good wishes for a speedy recovery for Hunter.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Poor Hunter. It must be so hard for you to see him hurting. I am happy for you that the Parvo is gone. Hope he can recover as quickly from this also.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to give us an update -- I know how hard it is to see Hunter uncomfortable but it sounds like the healing process is going well. I've said it before -- you are a wonderful beagle Mom!

·
Registered
959 Posts
YOU ARE A WONDERFUL BEAGLE MOM! Don't ever forget that....Hunter is healing, but this kind of thing takes time. And as hard as it is to believe, it's probabaly harder on you to see him, than it is on him to heal. Hang in there, give him lots of love and attention, and he will do the same for you. I'm still praying and keeping my paws crossed.

Cathy j

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
Thanks for the update Jenni! Poor Hunter has really gone through it, hasn't he? I hope the open sores heal up real soon so he can get on with his puppyhood! Get well wishes and puppy kisses from Maggie and I!

·
Registered
650 Posts
It sounds like the care that you are giving him is the best remedy of all!
He will be in our prayers for continued improvement!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Poor baby. Do they know what caused the skin issue (cellulitis) to begin with? Was it part of the parvo or just a strange coincidence that it happened at the same time?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Poor baby! Roscoe had cellulitis at the end and it was awful to deal with. At least Hunter is young and has a now stronger immune system that will help him through this.

Best of luck to the little dude! He's been through so much already, but proven that he has quite the fighting spirit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts