Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thankfully, I was home this time when a golden-retiever mix dog came to drive Goober & Homer mad with their barking & baying! I had never seen this dog before & neither had any of my neighbours. I had no choice but to call animal control to take the friendly dog! It was well fed & clean & had very clean teeth...but no collar or id tags! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif Let this be a lession to future dog owners...(make sure that your dog has id)! :thumbup: Btw...We have never had this problem & Goober is a perfect example of a dog owned to "term"! (He will be 15 yrs old next week"!)

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
That is sad, NWR.

Maybe he was microchipped. Did the AC officer scan him?

If his owners don't claim him a Golden Rescue will take him.

Fingers crossed.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
I hope the owner is found too; like the others, I don't understand why people don't use I.D. :freak:

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Being mom to houdini-puppy there were one or two times when a young(er) Abby managed to escape from her collar right after we got her and I felt like a horrible mommy!

Lesson learned...Now, most of the time she wears two...one tighter fitting plain-jane one and one more stylish lose fitting one /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif plus we got her microchipped :thumbup:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Since my CHopper is missing right now I just wanted to add in too-that he had gone missing overnight about a week ago too-and lost his collar and rabies tag somewhere out there. I dont know HOW he got out of it though, !! I try to keep it when they are outside so I can just fit 2 fingers in there. *sigh*

hopefully they find the owners
Judi

·
Registered
308 Posts
I think we are gonna do the microchipping on the Girls incase their noses get them in trouble. Plus they are still in the puppy fighting stage and usually I have to search the yard for a red and purple collar every evening.

I hope the poor Baby finds his way home.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sadly, the poor dog was not micro-chipped as the sheriff deputy scanned him...but he is a young dog with a very friendly disposition, I am very confident that he will be adopted. (One of my neighbours was very tempted to adopt him @ first sight)! :thumbup: Btw...At least this one was not shot by my "trigger-happy" neighbour in an attempt to protect his livestock! (I learned from the deputy that one of the pair of dogs that was killed belonged to a new homeowner north of me). But no one knows who the second dog belonged to as it escaped & has not been seen since! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Tammy:
I think we are gonna do the microchipping on the Girls incase their noses get them in trouble.
Tammy,
When you take them in for their spay, that's a great time to chip; well worth the cost!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.