Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, we are new to this puppie thing and I was wondering what to do about the puppies scratching Bailey's belly when they eat. She is starting to get red and raw. They have been protected in the house and their nails are growing like crazy. Should I let them outside so they can scratch some of their nails down? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks, Diane

·
Registered
193 Posts
You can clip their nails with a small pair of scissors,just be careful not to cut them too short and make them bleed.
How old are the pups,are they walking yet?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:Originally posted by vonny:
You can clip their nails with a small pair of scissors,just be careful not to cut them too short and make them bleed.
How old are the pups,are they walking yet?
They are 2 weeks old and starting to walk on all fours. It is so cute!

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
I took Charlie to the groomer once or twice, I do not want to fight with him, and I'm afraid I'll do a sloppy job and get him all bloody. :hi: The groomer mentioned that Charlie is a digger and I do not have to take him in too often. As for the rash, I don't have advise but the vet, I know it can be costly. Charlie had rash when he was a pup, out of desperation I applied hydro cortisone 1%, he was young and did not lick, and it helped. I wouldn't recommend if yours licks. Or baby benedryl.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts