Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that almost everything regarding pooping has been covered, but I'm not sure if this has. Also I would be glad for anyones insight.

My Tri-color Jasmine seems to hold it until the last second. Then she runs around with these wild eyes and you have to bolt to the back door and let her out. She then bolts down the deck stairs or she sometimes will actually go on the deck. Mind you she's almost 3 and I she still has accidents in the house (#2 only).

Also I have to watch her after she eats. I try most of the time about a half hour after she eats to get her outside. Now its cold and dark, so she will go down the stairs and come back up a few minutes later. The problem is then a little while later she runs by you like a crazy dog.

Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Kind of like a little kid, waiting till the last possible second to go. I walk around with mine outside and encourage them to go. Mine are 9 years old. They don't have accidents unless they are sick. But Pooh Bear has a habit of going out and just sitting on the back porch and watching Sadie run around the yard. I have to walk around with him and encourage him to go.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Roscoe is infamous for this! He waits til he can't stand it anymore (even after I've taken him out already and he just goes pee), and then it sounds like he's dying, doing his door dance to go out.
So, out we go and the best part, if he gets distracted, which is very easily, he STILL won't go. I don't mind so much in the spring, summer, and fall, but now....brrrrr

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I understand about it being to cold to walk around outside with them. Yes I think she gets distracted and its probably too cold for her also. I try to keep a close eye on her especially after she eats.

Yes she reminds of a little kid who wait til you at the mall to tell you they have to do #2....LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts